Chapter 34 - Brooklyn and Their Chaos (Ft. Race Still Being Annoyed)

- Chapter 34 - Lots of Brooklyn Relationships (and Non-Brooklyn Relationships lol) -
Warnings: None really. Just joking stuff lol
Third Person POV

Race was counting his money as he walked back to Manhattan.

That was, until he heard a voice.

"Hey!"

Race looks up, confused.

He saw multiple Brookies in front of him, including their leader.

Race had been so focused on counting his money correctly that he hadn't realized he was this close to the Brooklyn mainland.

He had hoped to avoid this area today.

Race almost groans outwardly.

Spot smirks at him. "Someone seemed happy earlier." He comments.

Race rolls his eyes. "Cause I'm back to selling." He responds.

"I've never heard anyone ever say they were happy to sell again." Red comments, an amused smirk on his face. "In all of my years of being a Newsie." He adds.

Race rolls his eyes again. "Quit judging me and go back to doing whatever you idiot Brookies do for fun around here." He grumbles, slipping his money into the pocket of his paper bag.

Rags slings his arm around Race's shoulder, a mix of a grin and a smirk on his face. "You see, Racer," he starts. "Teasing you is what we do for fun." He pinches Race's cheek.

Race shoves Rags off of him as the other Newsies there laugh.

"Then, you must all have really boring lives." Race comments, brushing himself off.

The Brooklyn Newsies laugh again.

"I need to go." Race states.

Spot smirks at him.

Race had to will himself not to blush, but he wasn't sure it worked fully.

"No, you don't." Spot responds with a chuckle. He turns around to face his Newsies. "Who wants to go see their boyfriend?!" He exclaims.

Multiple Newsies raised their hands.

Spot chuckles as he points to Dice and an unfamiliar Newsie. "You two." He states. "Tell Jacky-boy that Brooklyn's kidnapping Race for a few hours." He tells them.

Both boys nod.

Race's eyes widen. He prepared to make a run for it, but he was already surrounded by Brooklyn Newsies.

Race rolls his eyes, before noticing something about the boy with Dice. "Hey-" he starts.

The boy turns around to face him.

"You're Oscar's boyfriend, aren't you?" Race asks him.

The boy smirks. "How'd you figure it out?" He asks him.

Chuckling, Race crosses his arms. "I've definitely seen him somewhere with his cheeks puffed out and red because he was sitting on your lap." He states.