Chapter 66 - #The Most Blunt Way to Inform a Person That You're Dating Someone

- Chapter 66 - Grounded by a Grumpy Spot lol -
Warnings: Mentions of being grounded and kinda anger, but that's it
Third Person POV

"Oh, by the way," Race starts as he places another card down. "Spot and I are dating." He states.

Mush spit out his water, his eyes wide.

Albert dropped the cigar that he had been trying to steal from Race.

Blink had dropped his cards in shock.

Finch- who had been spinning Lucky around- almost dropped Lucky.

(Henry caught him, his eyes also wide.)

Lucky's draw dropped.

Smalls facepalmed.

Jack gawked at Race.

Davey blinks, his eyes wide.

Crutchie's jaw was gaping a bit.

Tommy boy also dropped his cards.

He had been playing a separate game of cards (Go Fish in languages that aren't English) from Race, Blink, Albert, Henry, Specs, Romeo, and Ike with Elmer, Knobs, Buttons, and JoJo.

(Languages:
TB - Polish
Buttons - Polish, French, Spanish, Italian
JoJo - Spanish
Knobs - French
Elmer - Polish)

Ace, Smalls, and Rags snicker quietly together.

Bush was unaware of this news, also slightly surprised.

Kloppman nods, already knowing.

Race looks at Kloppman. "You already know?" He asks.

Kloppman shrugs, smiling softly. "What do you think Chris and I talk about when we meet up weekly?" He asks.

Race shrugs. "Not your Newsies love lives." He responds, looking back at his cards.

Kloppman chuckles. "We're basically parents to you guys." He comments.

Davey points to him. "Talking over your kids' love lives is a very parent thing to do." He says.

Kloppman chuckles.

Ike looks at Davey. "And you're saying that because you and Jack and sometimes Crutchie do it?" He asks.

Davey blinks. "What?" He asks. "No... I said it because I have parents who do it with their friends." He mumbles confusedly.

Race, JoJo, and Albert share a look, stifling laughs.

Ike nods slowly. "Ignore my first sentence." He mutters, looking down at his cards.

Davey rests his head on Jack's chest. "I was planning to." He mutters.

"Hold on," Albert turns back to face Race. "Since when did you and Spot start dating?" He asks. "I mean, it's obvious you were both pinning and I'm very happy for you, but how long?" He questions Race.