Chapter 45 - We Should've Named Race After a Bird Cause He's An Early-Bird

- Chapter 45 - Sleeping Problems -
Warnings: Sleeping problems, you know? You who binges reading fanfics at midnight and later?
Third Person POV

Race sat on his top bunk in the Brooklyn bunk room he was staying in.

His back was against the wall and he was sitting crisscross, looking over the room.

The sun was barely out, so there was a bit of sunlight in the room, but it was still pretty dark.

Race sighs to himself.

It was weird not being the one who'd wake everyone up and he had only been here for one day.

Race would've never imagined he'd be in Brooklyn, staying there.

Especially not because of East Side.

Race had known Impulse for his whole time being a Newsie.

He acted upon impulse; that was how he got his name.

He hated the world and what it put him through, which made him cold.

He now found the people who shared that coldness.

Revenge; he wanted revenge. It was his namesake and the reason he was doing this.

Scar.

He was a Newsie who had been in Manhattan for a while.

He beat up multiple kids and got himself soaked and kicked out.

He'd never really paid attention to Race, or he at least didn't talk to Race that much.

Race looks around the room full of sleeping Newsies.

But they weren't the sleeping Newsies he was used to.

Race pulls his knees against his chest, his arms around them and his chin resting on his knee.

He sighs softly to himself.

First day in Brooklyn.

Race didn't know who he was selling with, but he knew he wasn't selling alone.

After all, he had been the one who made both Brooklyn and Manhattan's buddy pairs and groups.

Race looks back at the window.

It was lighter now, barely.

Race missed the views from Manhattan.

If he woke up early, he could at least get ready and go sit out on the fire escape.

He couldn't in Brooklyn.

The window in the bunk room was dirty and the wood border was a darker brown, like the floor and door frame.

The walls were a gray color with a slight tone of red to it.

It's perfect for Brooklyn Newsies, Race thinks to himself. He rolls his eyes.

The majority of the sheets and blankets in the room were red, however what shade of red varied.