Chapter 82 - "Well, That's Not Good."

- Chapter 82 - "Woah, we get to meet Snowflake? I thought Stage was just teasing us and would forget to actually write something where we meet Snowflake." Well, you thought wrong, so yay! I have a backstory and character development planned out for them and everything -
Warnings: Bleeding, not trusting people, passing our, injuries, concern, not liking water
Third Person POV

The walk to the borough was awkward and silent.

It was the kind of silence that comes with not trusting someone.

Neither Race nor the kid trusted each other, and the tension surrounding them was so thick it could've been cut by a knife.

Race quickly figured out that he was in Harlem.

He didn't recognize the borough or the kid, and having been to many leader meetings and traveling all around New York City, he knew he couldn't have been in any borough other than Harlem. It was the only borough he didn't know.

That made for a fun guessing game as to what would happen.

Race figured he had a 25% chance of getting help from the Harlem Newsies.

They didn't seem like they liked outsiders much, so he figured they most likely (about a 75% chance) would throw him out of their borough and leave him to fend for himself.

Honestly, he liked that option.

Unless that meant he got caught by Revenge again.

But Race was hoping not.

Race had also discovered that he was bleeding in another place, on the back of his arm.

He had been wondering why it was hurting.

He wasn't sure how he cut it, but that, combined with the headache wasn't helping him.

The kid knocked on the lodge door when they got there, while Race looked around.

The borough felt so dreary and depressing.

Did the Harlem Newsies not know what happiness was?

The door opened after a moment, revealing an angry-looking boy. He glared at Race, then looked down at the boy. "Who is that?" he grunted out.

The boy, who didn't look like he could be much older than twelve, swallowed hard. "He was wandering around the borough," he mumbled. "Can I talk to Snow?" he asked quietly, picking at the skin around his fingernails.

Snowflake.

Harlem's leader.

A person Race knew nothing about. He hadn't even ever seen him.

The Newsie sighed. "Fine." He rolled his eyes. "Snow!" He turned and walked away.

After a moment, another person appeared in the doorway. They had a black cloak on, with the hood pulled over their head. "Ticks?"

The kid was shaking a bit. "Snow-"

Snowflake sighed. "You know you're not supposed to bring outsiders to the lodge," he reminded the kid, leaning against the door.