Chapter 61 - The Great Brooklyn Bunk Debate of 1899

- Chapter 61 - *wiggles eyebrows* lol. What am I doing with my life? -
Warnings: Mentions of crying, not liking to eat food
Third Person POV

Albert, Cloth, Spot, and Race sat on the floor of Spot's room, playing a game of cards.

"We'd play War when we wanted a game that was all luck." Albert continues. "And Race was usually the reason why." He chuckles.

Cloth and Spot laugh.

A soft smile forms on Race's lips.

"Alright, bambino," Race's Nonna chuckles as she picks up the cards. "I don't know how you got so good at Poker, but maybe we should play a different game." She tells him. "One a seven-year-old usually knows how to play." She adds.

Seven-year-old Antonio Higgins looks up at her with his blue eyes. "Kids my age don't usually know how to play Poker?" He asks innocently.

Nonna chuckles, booping his nose. "No, silly boy, they don't." She responds. "They play Go Fish."

Antonio sticks his tongue out in disgust. "But Go Fish is boring!" He exclaims.

Nonna chuckles again. "You are one special bambino, Antonio." She states. "How about War? That's not boring, si?" She asks with a knowing smile.

"Oooh." Antonio perks up at the mention. "Si, si." He nods.

Nonna chuckles as she starts shuffling the cards.

Race felt tears form in his eyes.

"Either way," Albert was still speaking. "Finch is still quite annoyed that he can't win against Race." He informs the group.

Race laughs along with Cloth and Spot, though tears streamed down his cheeks.

Albert looks over at him. His eyes widen. "Oh no! Did I do something wrong?" He asks in a panicked voice. "I was trying to help."

Race shakes his head. "No, no." He wipes his eyes. "I just had a memory."

"It was a good one though, right?" Albert asks, looking slightly concerned.

Race nods. "Yeah: it was the first time I learned that most normal seven-year-olds don't play Poker and beat everyone they know." He informs them.

Albert, Spot, and Cloth chuckle.

"The fact that someone had to inform you of that." Cloth shakes his head. "You're crazy, Racetrack Higgins." He tells him.

"Yeah," Albert looks back at his cards. "I don't know how you bunk with him." He states.

Race looks over at him. "Excuse you!" He smacks the redhead's arm. "You bunked with me for around eight years, idiot!" He exclaims.

"Yeah, how did I survive that?" Albert questions, his eyes wide.

Race rolls his eyes.

Spot chuckles.

"Race once leaned down from his bunk and yelled to Jack, "there's a monster under my bed!"." Albert informs Spot and Cloth.