Chapter 73 - A Spy Among the Brooklyn Borough

- Chapter 73 - And He Waves Back -
Warnings: Slight spying, idk, it's mainly full
Third Person POV

"Hey, Spot," Sling started, walking up to him.

The brown haired boy looked up at him, raising an eyebrow. The paper he was reading laid in his hands, forgotten about for the moment.

"Who's Race selling with?" Sling asked curiously, one of his hands tugging at his paper bag strap.

Spot looked around the Brooklyn Distribution Center. "Sling, who are the only two Newsies not here right now?" he questioned.

Sling's eyebrows furrowed as he looked around the Distribution Center.

Ace is here, Smokes is with him, half asleep in his lap.

Hotshot and Red are talking.

Uh- oh...

Sling opened his mouth to speak, when someone interrupted him.

"Hey, Spot." Bandit jogged up to them. He looked at Sling, silent for a moment as he looked him over, before turning back to Spot. "East Side is causing some trouble and I'm worried about something," he said. "Is it okay for Race to sell with me today?" Bandit asked, his face blank.

Spot sighed, standing up. "Race is selling with Cloth today," he informs them, holding his paper in his hand. "We'll see about other days later."

The two boys nodded.

"That's good," Bandit said, clearly thinking hard. "Cloth is a good Newsie for him to be selling with," he stated, nodding to himself.

Spot looked at the boy, slightly suspicious. He watched him for a moment, before watching Sling walk off. Why do you two want to sell with him so bad?

Later
An unknown place

"So?" an unknown voice asked from above.

The boy dressed in red scowled slightly as he walked towards him. "He was supposed to sell with me today," he grumbled, looking up at the top of the crates.

The boy at the top of the crates sighed in annoyance. "I'm assuming there's a 'but'?"

A boy next to him snickered.

Another boy, to the other side of him, smacked the second boy with his hat. "You're such a child."

The first boy rolled his eyes at the two. "Quiet." He looked back at the boy below him.

"He sold with Cloth today," the boy in red informed him. "And I'm not sure when he'll be able to sell with me, mainly cause people are getting suspicious," he explained.

The leader stayed silent for a moment, his eyes closed as he tried to calm his anger. Eventually, he took a deep breath and opened his eyes. "Stay on guard and make sure no one gets suspicious of you," he told him. "We still need a spy in Brooklyn."

The boy in red bowed. "Yes, boss."

"If you can get him, do it," the leader instructed him. "We don't need another failure in the family."