Chapter 49 - This Chapter is Just One Big "Why Are You Like This?"

- Chapter 49 - Confessions (but not the one you're waiting for yet.) -
Warnings: Insults (but they're jokes)
Third Person POV

Race walks down the dock.

He had been talking to Switch and DD for a few minutes.

Ace had sold with him, but he had to go talk to Spot, so he left Race with Switch and DD when they got back.

Race was in a better mood than he had been in that morning, which was good.

Race spots someone at the end of the dock.

They smirk. "Racetrack Higgins."

Chuckling, Race rolls his eyes. "Hi, Oscar." He greets.

Oscar gasps over-dramatically, his hand on his chest. "You can great me normally?!" He exclaims.

Race rolls his eyes again. "You're usually the one who starts it, jerk." He responds, his arms crossed.

Oscar narrows his eyes at Race. "Idiot."

"Rat."

"Nitwit."

"Dimwit."

Oscar rolls his eyes. "You copied me." He accuses.

Race grabs his chest dramatically, looking offended. "I did not." He defends himself.

"Why are you two like this?" Grayson mutters, massaging the temples of his forehead.

"Cause he's an unattractive annoyance." Oscar states, pointing to Race.

Race rolls his eyes. "And you're a stupid puppy." He responds.

Oscar gasps dramatically, looking offended. "Don't call puppies dumb!" He exclaims.

Race smiles sarcastically. "I was calling you dumb." He tells him.

Oscar smiles, patting Race's back. "Glad to see you, Racer." He says.

Race nods, smiling as he shakes Oscar's hand. "You too, Oscar."

Grayson blinks, staring at them. "I don't understand." He mumbles confusedly. He turns around. "Spot-"

Spot's eyes were slightly wider than usual and he looked confused too as he stares at Race and Oscar. "Don't ask me." He mutters.

Nodding, Grayson shuts his mouth. He looks back at Race and Oscar.

Race and Oscar laugh.

"Race is a-" a tired voice starts.

"You're too nice for this." Race and Oscar cut him off.

Carter pouts, his head resting against Morris' shoulder. "Meanies." He mumbles. "I'm older than you two."

Morris presses a soft kiss to his forehead, brushing his strawberry blonde hair out of the way. "That doesn't make you meaner than them." He whispers soothingly.