Chapter 91 - Family Feud (but with blades and weapons and stuff)

- Chapter 91 - Stuff Do Be Happenin' Doe -
Warnings: fighting, stabbing, blood, insults, crying, manipulation, mentions of kidnapping
Third Person POV

After Revenge lunged at Spot, it didn't take long for others to join and a full on fight to break out.

When Scar and Barter left Race and Tumbler's side, Race crawled over to the side of the battle, under a tree. He brought Tumbler with him.

"Race?"

Race looked down at the boy. "Yeah?" he whispered, barely able to get anything else out as he slumped against the tree.

Tumbler watched him, concerned. "Are you okay?" he whispered, brushing Race's hair out of his eyes as gently as he could. "What's going on?"

"I'm fine," Race mumbled, managing a small smile. His eyes could barely stay open.

Tumbler tilted his head. "Is this when I get Spot or Ace because you're lying?" he mumbled. "And then they tell you to lay down?"

Race chuckled breathlessly. "I am laying down, Tumbler, and I'm fine," he assured him, taking his hand. "Just stay with me, okay?"

Tumbler nodded. He laid down next to Race and curled against his chest.

Race hugged him close, closing his eyes. He hoped someone who wasn't a Harlem or East Side Newsie found them.

After a few minutes of fighting Revenge, Spot noticed that Jack and Snowflake were fighting next to them.

I really need to talk to her, Spot thought to himself, dodging Revenge's blade when he thrusted it at him. "Jack!"

Jack looked over at him, raising an eyebrow. He quickly dipped away when Snowflake went to hit him.

"Switch with me!" Spot told him, kicking Revenge back.

Jack nodded.

The two boys quickly switched places.

Revenge scowled, clearly unhappy by this. However, he didn't have enough time to change anything when Jack went to cut him with his blade.

Revenge pulled his arm back quickly. He tilted his head, putting a smirk back on his face. "Kelly."

Jack rolled his eyes. "McCarthy."

"You know, none of my anger is directed towards you," Revenge started slowly, just holding his blade and not going to attack Jack. "It's all directed towards Spot. You're just in the middle of a battle you don't have to be in."

"Manhattan became involved the moment Race and Spot became involved," Jack responded. "Plus, Hotshot, Dice, Red, and Tumbler. Brooklyn is our ally. They're not fighting on their own," he told him, moving to strike him.

Revenge quickly moved out of the way. "But what has Brooklyn ever done for you?" he questioned.

"They took care of my brother during the borough war." Jack went to hit him again, backing Revenge up. He was getting frustrated that Revenge wasn't really fighting back.

Revenge moved back again, tilting his head. "But did they really?"

"Up until Sling betrayed us, yes," Jack answered, pausing for a moment.