Chapter 41 - From Fluff to Sad Stuff

- Chapter 41 - Nightmares in Dreams and Real Life -
Warnings: Attacks, tension, slight injuries, slight sadness, crying, and slight anxiety
Third Person POV

Race was playing a game of Poker with Blink, Specs, Romeo, Henry, Knobs, Mush, and Buttons.

Kloppman walks into the room, immediately spotting Albert. He sighs deeply. "Albert, get down." He tells him, an unimpressed look on his face.

Albert looks at him. He whines. "Klopppp... whyyyyy???" He asks.

Unimpressed, Kloppman crosses his arms. "Get down, now." He tells him, pointing to the floor. "You're gonna get hurt, especially if you break the fan." He says.

Mush, who sat next to Race, shares a look with said blonde boy. They both giggle quietly with each other at Albert.

Albert rolls his eyes, letting go of the ceiling fan and dropping.

Finch, who had been standing under him, catches him when he drops, holding him bridal style.

"The happily married couple." Henry gestures towards Albert and Finch.

Both boys blush, smiling.

Most of the boys in the room laugh, Mush and Race included.

Jack just chuckles as he watches them.

It even got a chuckle from Kloppman- and an eye roll from him.

"When will we be hearing your wedding bells, Klopp?" Romeo asks from the table, staring at his cards for a second before looking up at Kloppman.

Kloppman blushes. "You won't be." He tells them with a knowing smile.

A bunch of groans erupted from Newsies in the room.

"Come on!"

"But y'all are so perfect for each other!"

"Why wouldn't you get married?!"

"But my shipppppp!!"

Kloppman chuckles. "Alright, puppies, calm down." He tells them.

"Excuse you." Albert pretends to act offended. "The only puppies here are Race and JoJo." He states. "I mean, have you seen their eyes?" He asks, appearing beside Race and squishing his cheeks. He turns Race's head to face Kloppman.

Kloppman, Jack, and a few other boys chuckle.

Race shoves Albert off of him, hiding his face with his cards. "Not a puppy." He grumbles.

(A/N, ...that sounds familiar. 'Not a sunshine'.)

Albert laughs from where he laid on the floor.

The boys at the table start putting their cards down.

Blink was in the lead so far with a 4 of a Kind.

Race smirks.

Blink groans out loud. "Can't you let me win once?" He asks.