Chapter 67 - "They're Just Mad They Keep Losing."

- Chapter 67 - Don't Make Bets Against Race -
Warnings: None really
Third Person POV

Sling walks up to Spot and Race.

The two boys sat on two crates, waiting for everyone to finish getting their papes.

Spot looks at him. "Hey, Sling." He smiles. "How are you doing this morning?" He asks.

Sling shrugs. "I'm good." He answers. "You two?"

Race shrugs.

Spot looks at him. "Good." He answers, looking back at Sling. "Do you need something?" He asks.

"Can Race sell with me?" Sling asks quietly, picking at his nails.

Race looks at Spot.

Spot stays silent for a moment.

Something in him was telling him no, especially after the stunt Race and Smalls had pulled two days prior, but he trusted Sling and Race.

Spot looks back at Sling. "Sure. Just keep him safe." He tells him.

Sling nods. "I will, I swear." He responds.

Spot smiles.

Race grins.

Someone comes running over to them, banging into Race and clinging to him.

Race looks down.

Tumbler looks up at him. "Hi." He grins up at him, his brown eyes melting Race's heart.

"Hi." Race responds, playing with his hair gently.

"I'm selling with Skitts and Waves today." Tumbler tells Race, leaning his back against him.

Race smiles. He sold with them everyday because of buddies and even though he did, it never got less exciting for Tumbler. "That's fun." He responds.

Tumbler nods excitedly.

After a few minutes, it was time to sell.

Race waves to Spot and a few other Brooklyn Newsies as he and Sling leave.

Race waves at Bandit. "Bye, Bandit!" He smiles.

Bandit stays silent, facing away from Race.

Race shrugs it off.

Bandit was one of the more closed off and untrusting Newsies. He wasn't really okay with Race yet.

"So," Sling starts, turning to face Race. "You any good of a seller?" He asks.

"Not to be cocky like my boyfriend," Race starts with a laugh. "But I do say that I'm a pretty good seller." He answers.

Sling nods. "We'll have to see about that." He responds, a smirk playing on his lips.

A smirk forms on Race's lips as he faces Sling. "How about we bet?" He asks.

Sling raises an eyebrow at him. "You'd like me to ignore everyone who tells me not to bet with you, which is like a ton of people?" He asks skeptically.