Chapter 53 - #GiveSpotaBreaklol #SpotNeedsaBreak

- Chapter 53 - Pulling a Prank on the King -
Warnings: teasing? Nothing really
Third Person POV

The only problem Spot really had with Race being in Brooklyn was the fact that he could never keep track of where the blonde-haired and Manhattan-blooded Newsie was.

Even though Race was always on Brooklyn turf (unless Spot was notified otherwise), he was quite hard to find.

Spot swore Shadows (one of Spot's best spies) gave Race hiding spots when Race wanted to be hidden.

Currently, Spot was grumbling stuff about the fact that Race could be a good Drifter leader with how much he moves around and how he never stays in one place as he tried to search for him.

Spot figured that's what made Race a good Newsie to be half-Brooklyn and half-Manhattan; he couldn't stay in one place.

Race woke up in Manhattan, walked three hours to Brooklyn, sold and bet at Sheepshead, and walked back to Manhattan, all while exploring every part of the two boroughs that he could.

That sometimes got him in danger, but he never stopped.

Spot, however, was someone who was content staying in one Borough forever.

Spot would stay in his bed forever if he could.

He couldn't, but it was a nice thought.

Race, on the other hand, couldn't. He just wasn't like that; he had to be up and moving for the majority of the day.

"Hey, Spot," Flash greets as Spot walks past him.

"Hey," Spot mutters, annoyed. "Have you seen Race?" He asks Flash.

Flash stops. He thinks for a moment, before shaking his head. "I haven't seen him since we all left to sell this morning." He answers.

Spot sighs deeply.

"Have you asked Shadows or Pebbles?" Flash asks Spot.

While rolling his eyes, Spot nods. "Pebbles hasn't seen him and Shadows..." he sighs deeply, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Refuses to tell me his other hiding spots." He informs Flash.

Flash chuckles. "He treasures his quietness and peace so much that he won't tell you." He comments.

Spot rolls his eyes. "But he told Race!" He exclaims.

Flash laughs loudly. "He prefers Race over you, tough." He pouts mockingly at Spot.

Spot rolls his eyes, smacking Flash lightly. "Go away, Flash." He grumbles, turning to walk away.

He heard Flash's loud laughs as he walked away.

Spot rolls his eyes, but he couldn't help but smile hearing his brother laugh.

Now, all he had to do was find Race.

Spot sighs deeply, pinching the bridge of his nose. If only that was as easy as it sounds.

Later

Spot stops in his tracks when he notices to blonde-haired boys sitting on a side, under the bridge, talking.

One of them had curly hair and the other had straight hair.

Spot quickly walks over to them.

Ace noticed him first. He smiles. "Hey, Spot." He greets. "What's up?"

Spot looks at the other boy, sighing in relief when he saw Race's familiar, and beautiful, blue eyes. "I finally found you."

Race laughs. "It's not like I was hiding this time, Spotty-boy." He comments.