Chapter 60 - "I Got You and I'm Not Letting You Go."

- Chapter 60 - "You Know What Today Is." -
Warnings: Death, crying, abuse? It's complicated, but you also kinda need to read one of my one-shots (or two technically) to understand it fully lol
Third Person POV

"Please, Jack!" Albert exclaims, almost begging him now. "You know what day it is today! Why can't I go see him when Ike, Boots, and Knobs do?!" He asks, his hope crushed.

Jack looks at him, slightly helpless. "There are three of them and one of you, Al." He responds, pointing out the obvious.

"So?" Albert asks.

"It's not that I don't want you to see him or that I don't care about today's date," Jack starts slowly. "But I'm worried about you going and coming back safely." He tells him.

"I'll be fine-" Albert starts.

"You don't know that." Jack responds, cutting him off. "East Side is sneaky, Al. You know this." He reminds him.

"Jack!" Albert exclaims, tears filling his eyes. "I need to go see him!" He tells him. "You and I both know that he needs me today, and frankly, I need him!" He says.

"I'm not trying to be a horrible person," Jack starts, his hands out slightly.

"I never said that." Albert responds. "I said-"

There was a knock on the door, stopping both of them.

Boots looks at Jack.

Jack nods, looking slightly skeptical.

Boots opens the door, revealing Ace.

Ace looked panicked, out of breath, and like he had just run from Brooklyn to Manhattan, and he probably had.

"Ace?" Jack asks, an eyebrow raised. "Why are you-" he starts.

"No time!" Ace exclaims, panting hard. "I need Albert!" He tells him. "Race needs Albert!" He retries.

Albert shoots Jack an I-told-you-so look.

Jack sighs, rubbing the temples of his forehead. "Albert, blades." He states.

Albert nods, grabbing his blade and his flannel.

"I assume if you don't come back that you're staying the night in Brooklyn?" Jack asks, looking up at Albert and Ace.

Albert looks to Ace.

Ace nods.

"Yeah." Albert answers.

"Go." Jack tells him. "Tell Race that we love him." He adds with a soft smile, though it didn't reach his worry-filled eyes.

(Alright, mom.
Wasn't that Davey?
Not the time.
Seriously, it just started to get interesting *grabs popcorn*
And why am I not shocked?)

Albert nods.

Within two seconds, the two boys were out the door. The door was closed and they were gone.