Chapter 55 - You'd Hope I'd be Better at Love, etc. with How Much I Write it

- Chapter 55 - Designo = Design/Drawing (More Commonly Design) -
Warnings: Bad writing, lots of fluff
Third Person POV

Boots looks up and smiles. He had missed Red.

Red was sat on the opposite side of his bunk, his arms on his knees and he was looking out of the window.

Boots had missed his smile; the relaxed smile that was almost always on his face with Boots was with him. He missed his soft red hair that fell in front of his eyes.

Boots missed the whipped look on Red's face as he watched him stand on his tippy-toes and lightly brush it out of his face.

Boots flinched out of his thoughts when he heard Red's chuckles. "You're staring, bubby."

Red would never get tired of watching blush spread like a rash (a non-painful rash) across Boots' cheeks.

Boots blushes. "Sorry." He mumbles, looking out of the window.

Red chuckles. "Don't apologize." He watches Boots bite his lips to stop himself from doing it again. He chuckles. "How are we doing touch wise?" Red asks.

Boots purses his lips. "I don't like most touch..." he starts. "But I missed you and I really just want cuddles." He tells him.

Red smiles, opening his arms.

Boots maneuvers his way to the other side of the bed and turns around, leaning his back against Red's chest.

Red loosely wraps his legs around Boots. He stops. "Is this okay?" He asks, slowly putting his arms around Boots.

Boots nods.

"And this?" Red rests his chin on Boots' shoulder.

Smiling, Boots nods. "Have I ever mentioned how much I love you?" He asks.

Red smiles. "Maybe once or twice..." he starts. "But I never mind hearing it again." He responds. "It reminds me of how lucky I am to have you." Red whispers.

Boots smiles, his cheeks red. "I love you so so so so so so so much." He turns his head slightly, pressing a soft kiss to Red's cheeks.

Red blushes, nuzzling his head in the crook of Boots' neck. He almost immediately freezes when he realized he did it. "Is this okay?" Red asks.

Boots was silent for a moment, which didn't help Red's worry, before the younger boy spoke up. "Yeah..." he answers slowly, giggling softly at Red's relieved exhale. "For today."

"'kay." Red smiles against Boots' neck.

"Other stuff is pushing it today." Boots informs him. "I may love you, but I'm still sensitive to most touch." He reminds him, his voice slightly quieter than it had been.

"And that's okay." Red responds quietly.

Boots smiles, relaxing.

The two boys stayed there, together and completely unaware of the Brooklyn Newsie on a top bunk across from them, drawing them.

The boy smiles when he looks at the drawing. "A perfect Christmas present." He whispers, looking back at the sleeping couple.

And a perfect couple, he smiles.