CHAPTER 37

Author's POV

Kai was shuffling in his seat ever since he arrived at Sehun's house. He had been trying not to show how he was feeling but looked like he failed.

"Appa, why didn't you tell me you will come earlier?," Sehun questioned to the elder man, handing him a glass of water. He was not expecting to be seeing his father standing in front of his house when they arrived.

Siwon let out a deep chuckle. He took a sip of the water before placing it on the table.

"I just missed my grandson," he said. "You can't blame me for that," he proudly smugged.

Taeyong plopped down beside the elder.

"Oh by the way, I heard you have something to tell me?," Siwon suddenly said, turning over towards the young man sitting across him.

Kai's body jolted in surprise. "Uh me?," he pointed at himself with a blank look. He knew what the elder was talking about but he was not even ready yet!

Siwon nodded. "Taeyong told me you have important thing to tell me," he said and glanced at his grandson who was seated beside him. 

The teacher looked at his younger student with a disbelief look. Seriously?

"Haha yeah I do have something to tell you," he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. He did say he wanted to tell Sehun's father but he was not even ready yet.

He stuttered. "How are you?," instead of telling. 

Facepalm. Taeyong looked at him with a seriously? look.

Siwon frowned. "Well I'm all good," he responded. 

Kai glanced at the boy and noticed the stern look he was giving him. Just brave up and tell him! His stare shouted.

He turned to the other side and Sehun was obviously holding back his laughter. He covered up his mouth with his hand, pretended he did not notice Kai's nervousness.

Well if you love me you need to face this.

"I-I wish to marry your son," there he finally said it, looking into the elder man's eyes with full of confidence. 

Siwon was silent. Neither of them started to say anything after Kai's words.

It was a pin-drop silence and a hella nervousing for Kai. Thousands of thoughts starting to run around his mind at the moment.

He took a deep breath before continuing. "I promise to take care of him and will always be by his side no matter in what situation," he firmly stated. 

"I will also protect Taeyong from any sorts of problems, and will always love both of them with my whole heart," he said those in one breath. 

He looked at the elder and he was still giving him the stern look. He felt the thumping heart in his chest nearly made him gone crazy.

"Will you promise me with all the things you have just stated?," finally, Siwon uttered after his long silence. 

Kai nodded firmly. "I promise."

Siwon turned to his son who was looking fondly at his lover and towards his grandson who was giving nothing but supports stare to Kai. He knew for sure that Kai had completely caught both of their hearts.

"Then I believe in you, Kim Jongin," he stated, forming a smile. 

With that, Kai could feel all the heavy feelings inside his chest was lifted up. He smiled in relief while looking at Sehun and also Taeyong.