°CHAPTER 5

Author's POV

"Good morning, Jongin," Baekhyun greeted as he saw Kai early in the morning.

The latter entered the room with a wide smile plastered on his face until he reached his place in the room.

He furrowed his eyebrows to see him. "Your mood seems pretty good this morning?," he stated at the younger.

Kai let out a grinning. "Yeah, kind of," he responded and plopped down at his seat.

Baekhyun was more confused and curious than before to be hearing that from Kai. Something must had happened to him.

"You need to tell me the reason," he demanded and leaned closer to Kai, preparing his ears to listen to him.

Kai only responded with his smile. "No reasons, I'm just feeling happy today," he uttered.

That answer didn't satisfied Baekhyun. He knew something was up with this younger guy.

"There must be a reason for it," he sounded and leaned back to his chair. "You can't lie to me," he said again.

Kai rolled his eyes as he heard it. "Hyung," he called out the latter and looked at him. "Why do I need reasons to be happy?," he questioned.

The elder huffed as a reply to it. "Because you are not the type to always look this bright," he announced.

"You always look gloomy and boring everyday, that's why it's making me curious," he revealed and stared straightly at the younger beside him.

Kai admitted that but he, himself didn't even know the reason. Maybe because of his meeting with Sehun the other day? 

"Don't worry, I will definitely tell you if anything okay?," he uttered and continued doing his job.

Baekhyun let out an annoyed snorting to be hearing that as an answer. He was really curious to know okay.

Kai would not tell him right now no matter how he tried to persuade the latter so he decided to just wait for him to be telling anything.

"Hyung, you will take the results for Mark or Chanyeol Hyung will be here?," the younger suddenly uttered a question after a while of silence between them.

Baekhyun placed the pen he was holding onto the table. "I need to be in my class as well so Chanyeol will be taking it," he said.

Kai nodded as a response to it and suddenly stood up from his seat. He snatched the car's key and his cell phone.

"Where are you going?," Baekhyun questioned with a frown on his face to be seeing Kai. 

"I left the papers in my car," Kai answered and turned to look at him. "I need to go and get it," he walked out of the room after Baekhyun nodded.

It's still a bit early in the morning and that was why the school kind of quiet and there were not many students yet except for those who always came early.

Kai flashed a polite smile to the students who greeted him as they were passing by.

He walked straightly along the corridor to the car's parking. His hands were tucked into the pocket while walking.

Today was the parents–meeting day so he needed to prepare the things as early as possible. It was his duty as a teacher to do so.

After a while, his legs stopped as he reached the car parked in the parking. "Here is it," he muttered and took the things he needed before locking the car.