CHAPTER 50

Author's POV

"What are you two hiding from me?"

The sudden question made Taeyong turned to the side where Kai was driving. He was looking at him to wait for the answer.

He shrugged his shoulder. "What do you mean?," he asked as he turned away to avoid the eye contacts with him.

Kai huffed as he continued to focus on his driving. "You have been acting weird, you know?," he mentioned.

"No, I don't," the younger replied.

Seriously. They might think Kai did not notice it but it was obvious they were keeping something from him and it drove him crazy just by thinking about i

"Did I do something wrong?," he asked. 

Taeyong lifted his head before he let out a chuckle. "No, why would you think that?," he questioned this time.

 The car was drove into the school compound and Kai parked it at the usual spot. 

"Now, tell me," he stopped the car's engine and turned to stare at the son. "Don't think I didn't realise it."

Taeyong was flustered for a few seconds. "Dad, trust me. There is nothing, okay?," he said to reassure the elder.

He quickly grabbed his bag. "I need to go now, see you after school!," he got out of the car before Kai could even say anything.

A grin escaped his lips as he was walking to his class. He could not say it, or he would ruin the whole plan. 

"Taeyong!"

A loud voice from behind was heard. Taeyong furrowed his eyebrows as he turned his body around to look at the source. 

Before he could see anyone, he felt his body being pulled into a tight hug. 

His eyes widened in surprise. "Jaehyun?"

He felt the latter's hand wrapped around his shoulder and pulled him closer to his chest. 

"I'm really worried about you," he muttered in between of the hug. 

Taeyong smiled, he felt guilty for not telling Jaehyun the whole thing but he was not expecting for the jerk to kidnap him that time.

"Mark told me everything about it," Jaehyun explained after he broke the hug and stared at him. "You should have tell me sooner about it, I was freaking out about it."

A sigh came out from his lips. "God knows how I felt that day when you suddenly disappear," he said as he pulled him into his arms again.

They were in the middle of the hallway and there were plenty students passing by, looking at them with a questioning stares.

But those were not what matters to Taeyong.

He raised his hands to hug the guy back, stroking his back gently. "I'm sorry," he muffled those words. 

He pulled himself from the hug. "I know I should have tell you about it but I didn't expect for him to start out his plan that day," he said.

Taeyong exhaled sharply as he reached out to hold his hand. "Thank you for worrying about me. But I'm okay, I'm here with you now," he said while smiling.

Jaehyun shook his head as he ruffled the latter's hair. 

"You really make me can't be mad at you," he said as he flashed a relieve smile.