°CHAPTER 19

Kai's POV

It had been hours since we started the journey and finally the we reached the place. A relived sigh escaped my lips afterwards.

"Finally," I muttered those and started stretching out my numb arms. It was really tiring to be honest.

But it gone as my face was turned to the side. This might sound cliche but seeing Sehun's sleeping face could make my tiredness gone.

Imagine if I got to see that everytime after waking up. Oh gosh. That would make me the happiest man on earth.

"Sehun?," he tried calling out to wake him up. But Sehun still didn't respond or showed any sign to wake up.

I inhaled a deep breath to calm myself down. "Sehun, we're here," my hand moved to shake his shoulder gently.

"Hm?"

Sehun grunted in his sleep before his eyes slowly opened and looked right into mine. He straightened up his body afterwards.

"Sorry, I must have fell asleep," he rubbed his eyes and ruffled his own hair.

"It's fine," I replied. "Oh, we're here," he nodded while looking around the place.

Sehun walked out of the car afterwards and I decided to follow him.

As I was out, he was admiring the place with his fond smile. He looked happy, just by seeing the way he smiled.

"You always come here?," I questioned and startled him from his thoughts. Walking towards him and leaned against the car.

He nodded. "Yeah but I haven't come for a while, I like this place," he responded to it and turned his face to the side where I was.

The place was surrounded with a really peaceful area, fulled with greenery covering around the place.

It was beautiful and calming at the same time. I surely would not regret my stay here.

"It's really calm," without noticing I mumbled those while feeling the cold breeze brushing on my face.

Ah. I could cool down my head without thinking about work.

"Actually this is my hometown," Sehun suddenly said out and I could catch the sadness behind his eyes as he was saying that.

"Your hometown?'

But he still nodded and looked up at me with a smile as usual. "I grew up and was raised here until I got married," he was muttering those last words.

"After that I moved to the town until now," my heart felt glad to be honest after hearing these from him. It was like I got to know him more.

I nodded. "You must have been missing this place a lot," honestly, I wish I could bury him into a hug to calm him.

But it was not the suitable time yet.

Sehun curled up his lips. "Yep, ever since my mother passed away I rarely came because of the works," he stated.

"How about your father?," it was making me curious so I decided to ask him.

"He refused to come with us and chose to stay by his own," he answered. "It has been a while since we met him so that was why we decided to visit."

I smiled at him. I was happy, too happy right now.

"Thanks."

He turned to my side with a confused frown. "Thanks for what?," he questioned.