°CHAPTER 6

Author's POV

"Dad!," Mark exclaimed as soon as he saw Chanyeol approaching him with his smile.

Chanyeol waved his hand towards the two boys standing not far from him. "Has it started?," he asked and looked around.

"Yeah, it has," Mark replied to it. "But you are so early, dad," he furrowed his eyebrows to his father while looking at him.

The elder let out an awkward chuckling. He remembered about the warning he got from Baekhyun last night to be on time.

"Of course, I need to be early," he responded and cleared his throat to hide his own nervousness.

Mark lifted one of his eyebrows in amusement and leaned closer to Taeyong who was standing beside him all the time.

"My mom must have warned him about it," he whispered to Taeyong and was responded with a light chuckling.

He looked at them with a fond and small smile.

Taeyong bit his bottom lips as he was looking at Chanyeol. He wanted to ask so bad right now but he had no guts to do so.

"Uncle?," Taeyong finally called out after a while of hesitation. "W–Where is mom?," he questioned to the elder at last.

He was looking around since just now to find the figure but he was nowhere to be seen. He did promise Taeyong to be coming today.

Chanyeol turned to him and flashed a guilty smile. "Your mom asked me to tell you that he can't make it today," he said.

Taeyong's expression changed and his smile faded from his face as soon as he heard that from Chanyeol.

"He needs to finish some works so he couldn't make it on time," Chanyeol was feeling really guilty over it as he saw the expression on Taeyong's face.

"Oh," Taeyong chuckled and curled up a forced smile. "It's fine and thank you," he uttered before turning his body around.

Honestly, he did feel upset. A bit.

Sehun already promised him to be coming today but—ah nevermind. It was his work, so he couldn't say anything about it.

"Mark I need to meet your mom first, let's go," Chanyeol uttered as he looked around before turning to Taeyong.

Mark nodded his head as a response. "Taeyong, I will meet you later okay?," he said before leaving away with his father.

Taeyong muttered an okay before he brought his steps slowly to the class without looking around.

Someone suddenly patted his shoulder from behind as he was walking while truckling down his head.

"I told you to be careful while walking," a familiar voice sounded from behind and startled him from his own thoughts.

Taeyong widened his eyes in suprised as soon as he saw Sehun standing behind him with his usual fond smile for him.

"Mom!," he jumped into the elder's arms right away as soon as he saw him.

He lifted his face to look up at him with a scowl. "You said you can't make it!," he uttered and let go of his sudden hug.

Sehun chuckled lightly and ruffled his son's hair softly. "I have done all the works and rushed here," he responded.

"Luckily I managed to be on time or I'm late?," he started looking around the place and Taeyong took the chance to eye the mom's appearance.