CHAPTER 38

Author's POV

"Are you serious?!;"

Baekhyun exclaimed in surprise while looking at Kai. He obviously caught the other teachers' attentions as well in the staff's room.

Kai rubbed his temple and bowed down to apologise to the others. "Hyung, slow down!," he hissed in embarassment.

"Why are you so shock?," he rolled his eyes.

The elder pulled his chair closer to the latter. "Why wouldn't I be? You are getting married like finally!," he dramatically uttered.

"You are talking like getting married is something impossible for me," Kai stared at him with his disbelief look.

"Well it was," Baekhyun replied calmly. "But look at you now, I can't believe my son that I raised has finally grew up," he pretended to wipe the imaginary tears away.

Kai rolled his eyes in annoyance again.

"By the way, when is it?"

The younger lifted his head from the papers on the table to the person beside him. "The end of this month," he answered.

"I don't want to make it longer. Both of us are not young anymore so it is better to make it fast," he continued.

"Also, I want to make him mine as quick as possible," he muttered those with the love-sick smile plastered on his face.

Baekhyun excitedly exclaimed. He looked away while cringing to himself. Honestly, this kind of things didn't suit Kai.

"I'm not used to this side of you," he laughed out to see the younger's annoyed face.

Kai huffed in annoyance. "Well get used to it 'cause you will be facing this side of me more often now," he smugged.

"Yeah yeah, I can predict that."

They both chuckled before falling in silence for a few while until the school's bell rang broke the silence.

"You are staying, Hyung?," Kai questioned while started to tidy up his things on his desk.

Baekhyun shook his head while his eyes still on the computer. "No, Chanyeol will be home early today so need to be back early as well," he replied.

"What about you?"

Kai was shaking his head as well. "Nah, I promised Taeyong to bring him out today while Sehun has meeting," he said.

"Wow, practicing to be a good father I see," Baekhyun began to tease.

"Well," Kai only grinned as he stood up together with Baekhyun and walked towards the parking.

They were in a casual conversation while on the way to their cars.

"Hi Taeyong," Baekhyun greeted the boy when he saw him.

The boy smiled at him. "Hi, Mr Byun," he greeted him back.

"Mom, why are you so late? I'm hungry," Mark began to whine when Baekhyun did not even take a glance at him when he arrived.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "You are always hungry, Mark," he shook his head while keeping his bag in the car.

"Mom told me he will be back late today. So you promised me we can go out today right, Dad?," Taeyong flashed him his hopeful eyes.

Kai chuckled and ruffled the boy's hair. "Sure."

Taeyong's words made the other two there stared at them in disbelief. It was their first time to hear Taeyong calling Kai Dad.