°CHAPTER 29

Author's POV

×××

"You can use this room," Kai sounded as he swung the door opened to a room next to his. It was not a big room but luckily it was not too messy.

Taeyong nodded and followed him into the room. He was looking around the unfamiliar room.

"I don't have time to clean up so sorry for the mess," the elder uttered while tidying up few more things to make the room felt comfortable enough.

"It's fine," Taeyong responded and placed his bag on the single bed. It was not a huge space but comfortable enough for him.

A single bed was placed in the middle of the room with a study table located next to it. The room was filled with some stuffs which he assumed the teacher use the room to keep his other things.

The room was itself clean and tidy which surprised Taeyong because of the mess he saw when he entered the house before.

Well what could he expect from a guy who lived alone?

"I rarely use this room except if I have a guest sleeping in," Kai rubbed the back of his neck. "You can have a rest and call me if you need anything," with that he excused himself and went out.

He needed to clean up the mess in the living room. It was embarassing of course for having Taeyong to see that conditions but he had no other choice.

A sigh escaped his lips while he was cleaning up.

Meanwhile Taeyong slammed his body on the bed as soon after that. It was truly exhausting and the only thing he needed was a good rest.

But even so there was something disturbing his mind. The incident just now kept on having him feeling scared.

His hand stretched out to reach the cell phone in his pocket. Quickly dialling the number, he waited for the other to pick up his phone.

"Hello?"

After few minutes, the call was answered and a man's deep voice was heard over the phone.

"Hello, Hyung?," Taeyong sat up from his lying and leaned his body against the bed head.

Kris's chuckle was heard afterwards. "Hey there, do you miss me huh?," he asked and the boy only replied with a playful scoff.

"Nah, I just need to ask you something actually," without realising, his voice started to become more serious.

At that moment, Kris knew that something happened.

"What's wrong? Did something happen to Sehun? Did the guy treated you badly?," he blurted out those questions. No matter what he was concerned of his best friend.

The boy already informed him every single thing that happened so he obviously knew what was going on between them now.

Yeah just in case if something happened?

Taeyong quickly denied it. "No! He didn't," he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. "Well uh I..."

Kris was even more confused. It was unusual for Taeyong to be hesitated like that.

"D–Did he come back?," that sudden question was enough to make Kris confused. Taeyong never brought up about that guy before, he always tried to avoid such topics.

"What's wrong, Taeyong? Tell me," he asked. "Why do you suddenly ask about him?," he sounded worried.

The boy was fidgeting with his fingers. He inhaled deeply, "I think I saw him just now," he murmured those with a slow voice. His heart was starting to beat wildly to the thought of that person.