°CHAPTER 40

Author's POV

The school bell echoed through the school hinting the students it was the end of the school session. The most awaited time for every students.

"Are you going out with Jaehyun today?," Mark questioned while they were keeping the stuffs after class. 

Taeyong nodded. "Yes, he asked me to accompany him to buy some stuffs," he answered and quickly kept away his books.

He didn't want to make the latter waited too long for him.

"A date?," Mark wiggled his eyebrows to tease his best friend. 

Taeyong playfully rolled his eyes to hide his embarassment. "I need to go now, see you tomorrow," he said and scurried away to find Jaehyun.

If he was there any longer, Mark would never stop teasing him again.

"Hi Taeyong," Jaehyun was already there when he walked out of the classroom. He was smiling at him with his usual charming smile. 

Taeyong replied with a smile as usual. "Hi, did I make you wait too long?," he asked.

The latter shook his head as an answer. "No, I just reached here when you walked out," he said as they started talking side by side. 

"Have you told your mom about going out with me today?," Jaehyun questioned as they were about to reach the school gate.

"I did," Taeyong nodded. 

His eyes caught the sight of his soon-to-be father walking towards his car. "Can you wait for me here for a while? I need to-," he said while pointing at Kai.

Jaehyun nodded. "It's fine, let me go with you," he announced.

"Huh?"

Taeyong was a bit surprised to hear that. But before he could ask further, Jaehyun was already walking ahead of him. 

Kai turned his back when he felt some presence right behind him. He saw Taeyong walking towards him and the familiar boy behind him.

"Oh, Taeyong? I thought you said you are not going home with me today," he said while putting his bag in the car.

Taeyong nodded. "Yeah, I just wanted to remind you if you forget," he smiled. "I am giving you more alone times with mom so you should be thankful you know."

Kai chuckled as he ruffled the boy's hair. "I know. You are the best son ever," he said.

He then turned to his side and his eyes met the other boy's. Jaehyun was looking at him nervously and tried to hide it by bowing at him.

"Jaehyun, where are you going to take Taeyong?," he asked, straight to the point. 

Jaehyun startled as his name was being called. "Uh, well I was thinking to have a meal together," he answered. 

His heart was thumping furiously as he was facing to meet his in-laws. 

Kai nodded. "Okay, please take a good care of Taeyong," he reminded sternly. "Don't be back too late okay? Your mom will be worried," he continued. 

Jaehyun firmly nodded. "Yes, Mr Kim. I will take care of him," he replied. 

Taeyong smiled softly. "Don't worry dad, I will be back early," he flashed a smile towards Kai and greeted him as he walked away.