°CHAPTER 34

Author's POV

Kai entered the room and slumped on the bed. His face was showing the mixed feelings of sad, frustrated and stressed. The words from Daejung before kept lingering around his mind and he could not stop thinking about it.

"Let's see what can a teacher like you do to me?"

He would be lying to say that he was not offended by his words. But at least he got a proper job to begin with and he knew he was not that rich.

As he was still in the middle of his thoughts, the room's door was opened and Sehun entered with the tired smile plastered on his face. He shut the door behind him before making his way to sit beside Kai on the bed.

Kai noticed it and scooted closer to the latter, wrapping his arms around his waist. "How was Taeyong?," he asked and his hand caressed the other's soft features.

He decided to go home today but Sehun's stares at him like hinting him to stay and be with them. Well he could not say no to those stares after all.

Sehun sighed deeply. He buried himself in those tight arms to make himself felt more comfortable and calmer. "He is still thinking about that and fell asleep just now," he uttered. "I feel guilty for making him face these things," he continued.

"I should have know this before and protect him but I can't," his voice weakened and shaky as he was talking. "I-I thought he didn't remember about this but I was wrong, he remembered everything," his shoulder was shaking but there was no tears. "I don-

"Sehun," Kai cut him off before he could continue blaming himself even more. "Can you stop blaming yourself?," he said that, staring at those captivating orbs.

"Listen to me properly right now," he made himself sounded firm and suprisingly the latter remained silent.

"You are the most amazing man I've ever met," he announced and used his hands to cup the lover's face. 

He did mean what he was about to say. "You are strong, independent and that what makes me fall for you," he could see the tint of blush on the latter's cheeks.

"Remember that you are not alone anymore and you both have me to rely on. I will be more than happy to do so and I told you before that whatever problems that rises, I will be here to face it with you," he remarked those words with a big smile.

He wrapped his arms around the latter's waist and pulled him closer to his chest. Kai's hand was stroking over his hair, softly and gently, to make sure he felt comfortable and secured.

Sehun buried his face between the elder's neck, sensing the calm and soothing smell from him. It was more than enough to make him feel at peace.

The room was filled with a few seconds of comfort silence. Neither of them wanted this moment to end and they wanted to just stay inside each other's embrace as long as they could.

Kai was still thinking whether he should let out what was on his mind these days. But he could not bear seeing his important people feeling this way anymore.

"Sehun," he called out and fixed his gaze on the younger inside his arms. He could hear the other's hums as a reply.

He took a deep breath. "I was wondering about this thing for a few while and I wanted to ask you," he could feel his nervous heartbeat at the moment.

Sehun frowned before he lifted up his head to look at the lover. His face was filled with questions and waited patiently for the latter to explain it.