°CHAPTER 45

Author's POV

Kai stretched out his sore arms as he was walking out of the hall. It was really tough to be spending hours sitting.

He could feel his energy was drained out even though what he did was just sitting and listening to the speaker.

It was a relieve they could finally have a break after the long hours inside the hall.

Kai was walking down the path towards one of the lift. The only thing on his mind right now was to finally lay down on the bed.

He even refused the invites from his colleagues to have a drink before. All he needed was a good rest.

"Hello there, did not expect to meet you here."

Kai stopped walking and looked around. His eyes widened in surprised before exhaling deeply.

What the hell was she doing here?

"Yeah," he answered curtly. Not looking amused to meet the woman in front of him.

Kate fixed the dress she was wearing and toyed with a lock of her hair. "What are you doing here?"

She looked around to find someone. "Are you by yourself?," she questioned.

Kai rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I have works," he answered.

"That's good," she tucked a lock of hair behind her ear while looking at him. "Maybe you and I can have some times together?"

She boldly rested her hand on Kai's shoulder.

Kai huffed in annoyance as he pushed away the lady's hand from his body. "No need to, I'm not interested," he sternly replied.

"I'm sure you know the fact that I am married and you too."

Kate scoffed as a response. "Your husband is not here so he would not know," she wrapped her hand around Kai's arm.

Kai clinched his teeth in anger as he shoved away the woman from him. "I tried to be nice to you. Stay away from me," he snapped.

As he said that, he scurried away from the lady before he could do anything worse than that.

He could not think of a reason why did she suddenly showed up to wherever he went.

Kate scoffed. "You can't get away from me this time."

There was nothing good to be thinking about her, so he decided to forget about it.

"It is a good thing I could finally be back tomorrow," he muttered to himself while smiling. He entered one of the lift and pressed the button to his room.

At least he could finally be back to Sehun and Taeyong.

As the lift stopped at his room level, he got out and walked towards his room.

He jumped onto the bed as soon as he entered the room. He started to feel sleepy as his body hit the soft mattress.

But when he remembered about something, he quickly sat up and reached for his cell phone in the pocket.

He glanced at the clock and noticed it was Sehun's working time. It would be disturbing to call him during these times. 

So he decided to send him a text instead. He would not want to disturb Sehun.

After sending the text, he stood up from the bed and began untying his tie. Putting aside his coat from his body.

He still had few hours before he needed to be in the hall again. Luckily it was just a brief meeting so it would not be so tiring.