°CHAPTER 46

Author's POV

"Sehun."

Sehun turned his back to the elder beside him. "Yes, Hyung?," he lifted his head from his laptop towards him.

"Can you give me a lift after this? You can drop me off at school when you pick up Taeyong," Chanyeol awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Of course. But what's wrong with your car?"

Chanyeol sighed deeply. "I sent it to the workshop yesterday," he replied.

Sehun nodded. "Sure thing, Hyung," he replied with a smile before continuing on his works.

Although he was busy with his papers and files, his eyes still wandered around to glance at the times shown on the laptop screen.

Kai would be back today and it was the day he had been waiting for. A smile curled up as he just thought about it. He could not wait to tell him.

Weird, he did not receive any calls or texts from the latter since last night. Usually he would call or at least text him every morning.

He was worried but he tried removing any bad thoughts from his mind. Maybe Kai was just too tired to reply his texts or he was already on his way back home?

He tried to keep only positive things in his mind.

As he was deep in his thoughts, he startled when he realized the times. He started tidying up his things on his work tables. 

"Kai will be back today?"

Chanyeol questioned as he caught the slight smile on the latter's face. He could see his face lit up of excitement.

Sehun nodded. "Yeah."

"I guess so. You look happy at work today compared to these past few days," the elder teased his younger colleague while tidying up his things as well.

The younger only replied with a chuckle. He could not refuse the words from Chanyeol, it was kinda true actually.

Both of them walked towards the parking lot and got into the car before Sehun started driving it to the school.

 "So, how is marriage life with Kai so far?," Chanyeol asked.

Sehun massaged the back of his neck sheepishly. "It is really different from my previous one," he replied, sighing deeply.

Chanyeol looked at him with his fond smile. He chose not to interrupt and let Sehun continue talking.

"I feel happy when I'm at home and it feels really safe," Sehun began explaining.

"I'm glad you feel that way," he reached out his arm to pat the younger on his shoulder. 

Sehun responded with his smile. He was feeling glad as well.

After few minutes of ride, Sehun's car stopped at the front of the school. 

"Thank you for the ride, Sehun," Chanyeol grabbed his bag and opened the door. "Come visit sometimes, I will treat you," he said.

Sehun shook his head. "You have always helped us, Hyung. It is really nothing at all," he replied.

Chanyeol grinned. "You are my brother of course I will help you," he said and went out of the car. He waved towards him before disappearing into the school.

Sehun smiled and waved back.

As he was waiting for Taeyong to come out from the school, his phone in the pocket sounded hinting a text just came in.