°CHAPTER 13

Author's POV

"Finally, it's a done!," Sehun exclaimed as soon as he finished typing his proposal for the meeting tomorrow.

He didn't have much times to finish it so no other choice than to make it done by today.

As he glanced at his laptop to see the time on the screen, his eyes bulged out in shock. It was already late.

Taeyong must have been waiting for.him to arrive. It was nearly an hour after the school ended and he completely forgot about it.

Sehun was rushing while grabbing all his things and tidied up his desk. He scurried into the lift and pressed the ground button.

He could not stop glancing at his wrist watch and the lift seemed slow at the moment.

"Hurry up," he tapped his feet nervously while waiting for the lift to
reach the ground floor.

He felt guilty over this now. "Sehun, how can you be so careless?," he muttered to himself.

As he was already in the car, his cell phone in the pocket suddenly rang. He picked it up without glancing at the caller's name first.

"Hello?," he asked in rush and quickly started the car's engine.

"Hello, mom?," his actions was stopped as Taeyong's voice sounded from the other side.

He could feel relief to be hearing his son's voice. "Taeyong, where are you now?," he questioned and took a deep breath.

"I'm on the way home now," Taeyong responded to it. "You don't have to worry, Mr Kim gave me a lift," he said again to calm the elder.

Sehun exhaled a deep breath after hearing that. At least he knew Taeyong was safe and nothing happened to him.

He needed to thank Kai after this.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't notice the time," he said in guilty. He should have been more aware of it.

Taeyong's light grin was heard across. "It's fine mom, I know you didn't mean it," he uttered.

The boy knew how hard Sehun was working and it was for him. So why can't he be considerate of it?

He ended the call after hearing the reply from Sehun.

"What did your mom say?," Kai questioned as he glanced at the younger.

He knew how worried Sehun would be after all.

"He told me to say thanks to you," Taeyong responded to it. "Also, he asked you to stay for dinner," he continued.

"Yes?," Kai seemed suprise as he didn't expect that. But he did feel glad as well.

"Is it fine with you? I don't want to trouble you guys," he said to make sure Taeyong was not against it. He must felt uncomfortable.

Taeyong shook his head. "Nope, it's not," he said. "Besides, you have help us so many times," he curled up a smile afterwards.

He released a heavy sigh afterwards. "It's hard to find someone that will.help even after knowing about us," he explained.

His eyes were obviously flashed a disappointment and sadness. It was not a common thing for kids around his age to understand these things.

Kai furrowed his eyebrows. It was hard to get Taeyong opened up about himself.

"Taeyong, I know you are a good person," he uttered. "You faced lots of things and took a good care of your mom," he said again.