°CHAPTER 12

Author's POV

Kai walked out of the car and straightly went into the school. He flashed a smile whenever he passed by the students.

"Good morning, Mr Kim," one of the teacher in the staff room greeted him with her smile.

Kai nodded and looked at her. "Good morning," he responded to it while walking towards his own desk.

"You're late than usual today, Mr Kim," she uttered again while was tidying up her own place.

It was true that Kai was rather a bit late than usual. "Ah, I kind of overslept this morning," he rubbed the back of his neck.

He was saying the truth after all. He was sleeping really soundly last night until he didn't realise the time. It had been a while since he got a sleep like that.

"You must be up pretty late last night?," she said to tease the younger teacher. A chuckle escaped his lips as he heard it.

Yeah it was not fully false after all. "Yeah," he answered shortly and not bothered to tell more.

If he said so, in as fast as lightning the news would spread all over the school.

He took a place at his desk and glanced at his side to Baekhyun's desk right next to him. He just realised that he didn't see him yet this morning.

Usually this elder would already be here and greeted him the moment he entered. But he was nowhere to be seen today.

His eyebrows formed a frown. "Excuse me but where is Mr Byun?," he questioned to the other co-workers in the same room.

"Oh, you don't know?," she asked as she was looking at Kai and the latter just shook his head. "He takes a leave today," she answered to him.

Kai tilted his head in confusion while being puzzled. Baekhyun didn't tell him anything last night.

"He took a leave?," he questioned again to be making sure. "He didn't tell anything about it," he said while thinking.

"He must have forgotten about it, he just told about it this morning," she responded to it and it made sense now why Baekhyun didn't tell him.

Kai nodded. "Do you know why?," he questioned. Well if he took it too sudden it must be an emergency.

She seemed like was thinking before turning to Kai. "I heard that Mark got a high fever this morning suddenly, that's why he took an emergency leave," she explained it to Kai.

"Ah I got it, thank you then," Kai smiled politely at the female teacher before turning around again.

He was about to call Baekhyun to be asking about it but the school bell had already rang and he had an early class today.

The phone was tucked in his coat again as he stood up. He took his books and stuffs before heading out of the room.

"I will just call him later then," he muttered to himself while walking to the class.

The corridor was already filled with silence as the students were all rushing to get into their class.

Kai stepped to the class with his books as usual and was looking around. He didn't notice until someone bumped into him.

"Taeyong?," he seemed surprise and the other looked shocked as well. He quickly bowed down to apologize.

"I'm sorry, Mr Kim," he bowed down politely to the teacher. "I was rushing to the class and I didn't notice you were walking," he said again.