°CHAPTER 25

Author's POV

"Jaehyun," Taeyong called out as they were already at the front gate. He stopped and looked at the latter with a guilty look.

"I'm sorry I can't go with you," he uttered and smiled fondly at him while the other shot him a comforting smile.

He nodded. "It's fine," he responded to make him less worried. "But make sure you do tell me if those guys disturb you again," he reminded.

Taeyong grinned as he heard that. "I will," he said. "Also, I will explain everything to you later okay?," he continued while taking a glance at Kai at the behind.

Jaehyun frowned and turned to the direction Taeyong was looking at before nodding.

"Sure, tell me whenever you are ready," he flashed his charming smilr again. "I will go now so see you later," he said those before about to step away.

"Take care!"

Taeyong turned his back around after making sure Jaehyun was not around anymore. As he walked towards the elder, the first thing he saw was the teasing smile.

He huffed in annoyance while rolling his eyes at him. "I know you are going to tease me again," he stated before the latter could say anything.

Kai shrugged off as he heard that before letting out a chuckle. "Get in, I will send you home," he uttered and walked towards the car afterwards.

Taeyong nodded his head before getting into the car as well. He would need to talk about it.

As they were already in the car and started moving out from the school compound, neither of them initiated a talk.

Both were drowned in an awkward silence which was kinda suffocating for Taeyong.

He wanted to explain to Kai about the incident but he was too embarrassed to even open a talk about it.

"So you and mom are together now?," finally after a quite long silence, Taeyong uttered the word that had been lingering in his mind.

Kai seemed startle but he tried his best to cover it up with a cool expression.

He hummed before answering to that.  "Did your mom tell anything?," he questioned.

Taeyong nodded. "Yeah, he did," he replied. "Well I kind of expected it actually," he said and followed with chuckles.

Kai blinked in surprise before letting out a small laugh as well.

"You are...fine with it?," he asked carefully.

The younger smiled while shaking his head. "Of course, it is not really shocking anyway."

He turned his attention to the elder beside him.

"Uh, Mr Kim?," Taeyong called out after a few moments. He inhaled deeply before he could continue explaining.

"About just now...I–uh," he was stuttering and he swore at himself for acting like that.

Kai grinned. "You don't have to explain about it, I understand," he uttered before the younger could explain himself.

"Well at least I feel glad to know that you stood up for yourself," he continued and looked at him. "You can tell me anytime about anything, Taeyong."

Taeyong nodded as a reply. He was in his deep thoughts for a few while to be thinking and wondering about what Kai had just said.

"Are you hungry?," the sudden question made him dumbfounded for a few seconds.