°CHAPTER 28

Author's POV

Taeyong got into the car as soon as his eyes caught the sight of it in front of his house. He flashed a polite smile to car's owner as he pulled down the window.

"Get in," the male sounded and Taeyong obliged, making his turn to the other side of the car.

He then went inside, placing his bag on the passenger seat before closing the car's door. "Good morning, Mr Kim," he greeted the elder.

Meanwhile the other shot him a fond smile. "Morning," he said before starting the car's engine and drove it out of the place.

"Thank you for giving me a lift, I insisted on walking to school but mom won't let me," Taeyong started uttering to break the silence between them. He leaned comfortably against the chair.

It was a chaotic morning when Sehun suddenly received a meeting from his boss telling him that they have a sudden meeting with a client which required him to go out of the town.

He looked at the time and it was near to 7 and he needed to rush right now to make sure he won't be late. The journey would took at least an hour to reach.

It took a him a while to calm himself down and not letting swear words escaped his mouth.

He was clueless of the thought of it and the fact that he was worried of Taeyong. There might be a possibility he would be back really late at night.

Kai.

Sehun could only think of his boyfriend at the moment. He could possibly ask Chanyeol instead but the latter might be busy with his own stuffs also, Kai wouldn't mind to take care of Taeyong for a while...right?

So he gave him a call and told him about that. Luckily, he was willingly to do it.

"Not a problem," Kai responded. "You can ask for my help anytime," he said while making a turn at the road.

He was fluttered to know that he was the first person on Sehun's mind while he faced a problem. That showed how important he was at least.

"You can stay at my house for tonight until your mom finished his works," Kai stated as he glanced at the side where the boy was sitting. It was really not a big deal for him.

Taeyong nodded. "Thanks, I'm really sorry for troubling you," he responded.

Kai didn't answer but he stretched out his arms to pat the younger on his head, gently. Telling him that it was not a trouble at all for him without a word.

"Also, if those boys still disturb you please tell me," he suddenly remembered about those stubborn students. "Let your dad teach them a lesson," he jokingly said those although he secretly meant that.

Taeyong grinned. He could feel the slight of warmness when hearing the elder said the word. It felt right for a reason.

"Thank you," he uttered, sincerely.

Kai smiled and ruffled the younger's hair. He was glad if those words could make him feel at ease around him as he would not want Taeyong to feel uncomfortable with him.

He made a turn into the school's gate as they reached there and parked the car in his usual spot. The school area was already crowded with the students and he was glad they were not late.

"I will go now, see you," Taeyong stated and moved to open the door. But as he was going to walk out, Kai stopped him.

The elder took a glance at his cellphone before turning to Taeyong again. "I have a meeting after school today and it will end around 3, can you wait?," he questioned.