°CHAPTER 43

Author's POV

"There is nothing else we can do except to make him agree to live with you."

Daejung looked at his secretary in furious as soon as he said that. He stood up from his seat and kicked the air in frustration. 

"Damn it," he hissed in anger. "Why did this old man makes this stupid conditions? Can't he just give me all the money?," he snapped.

The secretary shrugged his shoulder. "I just did what I was asked to. Your father has entrusted me to tell this to you before he retired," he continued. 

Daejung huffed harshly before plopping down on the sofa. "I need to make sure that boy agree to live with me," he stated firmly. 

The other nodded. "But honestly I don't think that would be easy," he said. 

"Sehun will never let his son to you and now with him being married, I am sure his husband also would not let that happen," he began to explain.

The thought of Sehun and Kai was making him angry again. He kicked the coffee table in front of him to express his anger away. 

"I need to think of a plan to take that boy from them," he muttered to himself.

As they were in each deep thoughts, the door of his office was opened and his wife walked in. Without saying anything and taking her own seat at the sofa beside him.

"Where have you been, Kate?," he asked as soon as he saw her. 

Kate, the lady, sighed deeply as she took off the sunglasses. "I went out to meet someone. What's wrong?," she was the one asking this time.

"Have you done what I asked you to do?," Daejung questioned. 

She nodded. "Looks like it will not be easy. He is hard to be seduced," she explained. 

"Just keep on doing. I am sure he will agree with you sooner or later," he sighed. "But I need you to be quick, we don't have much times left," he said.

Kate rolled her eyes in annoyance. "I know but what about you? I still can't understand your father," she said.

"Why does he have to make things this complicated?," she sighed deeply. 

"Do you think I'm happy with all of these?," Daejung rubbed his forehead. "The boy will agree with me no matter what. I will make sure of that."

xx

Sehun was currently in the kitchen to prepare their dinner for tonight. It had been a busy day for all of them today.

So rather than ordering outside food, it was better for him to cook. It was healthier and safer for him.

As he was focusing on the preparation, he noticed Kai entering the kitchen.

"What are you cooking?," Kai questioned as he took out the water from the fridge before gulping down.

Sehun flashed him a smile. "Your favourite," he replied and continued doing his job.

Kai grinned. He placed the glass on the table near him and shifted closer to his husband, hugging him from the side.

"Kai, you are going to ruin the food," Sehun huffed, although he was secretly pleased by that.

He had never felt this way whenever he was cooking. The thought of his previous marriage suddenly flashed into his mind.

Where Daejung would only forced him to cook. If the food didn't suit his taste, he would be hit several times as the jerk wanted.

"Sehun," he startled when he heard Kai calling out his name.

"Huh?"

Kai noticed the change of expression on Sehun's face, so he softly pulled the latter's face to look at him.

"I love you," he muttered those, enough for Sehun to hear him. "You don't have to worry about anything now."

A shade of light red crept up on his cheeks. Three words he had never heard before but now.

"Me too," he murmured.

He could feel Kai was slowly leaning closer to him. He was doing the same thing, not knowing why.

Their lips touched for a brief moment. A kiss full of love and care. Enough to show them how much loves they have  for each other.

"Dad!"

The loud yell startled both of them from the staring moment they had.

"You said you are going to help me with this homework?," Taeyong's voice was heard from the living room.

Kai rolled his eyes playfully as he let out a chuckle. "I'm coming!," he yelled back.

Sehun gently pushed Kai away. "Look! You distracted me," he snapped, more to in embarrassment.

Kai grinned. "I know you like it too," he pecked a light kiss on the husband's cheek before he walked out of the kitchen.

Sehun sighed deeply as he continued on his works with a smile curled up on his face.

Taeyong snorted as soon as he saw Kai walking towards him and took a place next to him.

"Stop disturbing mom and help me with these," he mentioned and pointing towards the scattering books on the floor.

Kai chuckled as he scoot closer towards Taeyong. "What do you need my helps with?," he asked.

The younger reached for a book and showed it towards the elder.

"Isn't this the work I gave in class?," Kai questioned as he looked at the book.

Taeyong nodded. "Why do you have to give difficult ones? I almost gone crazy just by looking at these," he whined.

Kai shook his head.

"You are being dramatic. Here, look at this," he began to explain the materials to the younger.

After a long way of explanation, Taeyong finally understand.

"I get it now!," he exclaimed in excitement and proceed to do his other works.

Kai smiled. He stretched out his hand to ruffle the son's hair.

"All done!," he looked at his books in satisfaction. "Thank you for your helps," he said.

"I feel lucky to have you as my father now," he grinned as he tidied up his things.

Kai lifted one of his eyebrows. "Because I can help you finish your homework?," he asked.

"That...is one of the reasons," Taeyong grinned.

Kai chuckled. "Taeyong, can I ask you to do something?," he suddenly mentioned.

Taeyong stopped his actions and focused on Kai. "Of course. What is it?," he nodded.

"If he came to disturb you or mom, please tell me," Kai stated sternly.

He didn't know why he was having a bad feelings about that guy for these past few days.

Taeyong was going to ask the reason of it but—

"Kai! Taeyong! Dinner is ready," Sehun's voice echoed through the house as soon as they were finished.

He turned to Kai and nodded. "I will," he said before both of them walked towards the dining table.

--

Hiii! Hope you like the chapter and leave your comments ♥️