°CHAPTER 33

Author's POV

××

Taeyong grabbed his bag and sling it over his shoulder before making his move, away from the person who was at the gate.

"Hey! Where are you going?," he called out and made Taeyong turned his back to face him.

He was now facing the men who was known as his father. How he hoped Kai would show up right now.

"I–I don't know you, sorry," Taeyong uttered. Internally cursing his own self for stuttering.

How could he possibly ended up here?

He scuttled away before a hand landed on his shoulder, forcing him to turn his back.

"Are you sure you don't know me?," the guy questioned and curled up a smirk as he caught the expression on Taeyong's face.

Taeyong could feel his heart thumping wildly. He was too scared to even utter any more words or to even move from that place.

He slowly nodded and averted his gaze, looking anywhere but the person in front of him. He would need to think am excuse to get away from him.

"How could you forget your own father? I'm hurt right now," Daejung uttered, smiling satisifedly to be seeing his son.

Taeyong snorted. He hated even to hear his voice.

"Father?," he scoffed. "I'm sorry but you're not my father," he blurted out and finally be able to meet the other's eyes.

Daejung smirked.

"You grew up to be a daring person I see," he chuckled out, pretending to be proud of him. "Did your useless mom taught you to be like this?"

Taeyong glared at him as he heard those. How dare of him to be addressing his mom in that way.

"You know what just leave him and come with me," the elder man suggested, more to demanded. He moved his hand to place it on Taeyong's shoulders.

But the younger shrugged it away. Looking obviously uncomfortable in this situation.

He remained silent, not wanting to utter any words towards the guy. No way he would be agreeing with that stupid suggestion.

"I can assure you a better life than he—

"I'm sorry, Taeyong," a familiar voice cut them off in the middle of the unwanted conversation. Taeyong was more relieved than ever.

Kai scuttled towards the younger and it was obvious he was in rush by seeing how he tried to catch up his breath.

"I was busy marking the books and I didn't realised the bell has already rang," he smiled apologetically to the latter. Rubbing his nape in awkwardness.

He just realised that it was not only both of them at the moment.

"Oh, who is this?," the teacher asked and turned to Taeyong but the only reply he got was a scared and nervous expression on the boy's face.

His eyebrows snapped together as he tried to understand what was going on right here.

Daejung was as confused as he was. "Hi I'm Lee Daejung, his...father," he smirked as he saw the surprise look on the other's face.

Kai was genuinely surprised. He didn't expect that it was the guy Taeyong had been telling him about.

He shook the guys hand and plastered a calm smile. "I'm Jongin, Taeyong's teacher," he then turned to the boy. "You can say that I'm his father as well," he continued.