Chapter 34

Bethany's POV

He held my hand as we sat in his range rover together. Both of us were driving through the streets of LA, just simply sitting in a comfortable silence. There was a CD playing in the background, but of course, I had no idea who the band was. He spent a solid five minutes telling me all about them. It was Five Seconds of Summer, and they were going to be the opening band for One Direction when they started tour in a month or two. Harry seemed into them- not just musically, but personally. Apparently, they were 'just like his lads, but from Australia'.

After that, it got quiet. The only noise was coming from the music and Harry's quiet hums. We were passing by a few places that were always familiar to me. They were places I passed every day on my way back and forth from my house to the city.

After seeing each building or park as we passed by, I felt myself moving back into that state of wonder. That state where you start to think about all the what if's and could have beens. Every time we'd drive past a park, I'd remember how my nanny was always the one who would be pushing me on the swing. I can't help but wonder what it would have been like to have one of my actual parents do that with me. When we passed by the small boutique where I bought my junior prom dress, I wondered what it would have been like to have had my mom there with me when I picked it out. Then it got me thinking to when I get to pick out my wedding dress, and she isn't going to be there.

Every road started to look familiar and I had no idea where we were headed. My breathing caught in my throat when I realized where we were, and I wanted to die a little. Harry had seen my house before in that picture by my front door, but he wouldn't bring me there. I know he wouldn't.

"Um, Harry?" My voice cracks a bit, probably from the small amount of words that had come out of my mouth since we had gotten in the car. I cleared my throat and prepared myself to speak next time.

"Yes?" He looks over at me, and I watch as his glasses move a bit downwards on his nose as his eyebrows furrow.

"Where are we going?" I croak out a bit, and I know he can tell something is up.

"Thought it'd be nice if you saw mine and the lad's house, but if you don't want to we can turn around. They shouldn't be home tonight though. Somethin' bout them takin' a short trip down to a mate's house on the beach." He was rambling, but he didn't need to. Just knowing we weren't going to that God forsaken house was enough for me to relax.

"Oh, no that's fine." I assure him, but he looks at my skeptically before continuing on driving.

I advert my gaze to anywhere but towards him and look out the window. I knew he wanted us to 'get away' for a bit, but I didn't know he meant out of the actual city and into the suburbs. It was quiet out here, and even though there were always paps, at least they wouldn't be lining the city streets of my penthouse, waiting for me to make an appearance.

Each time we'd pass something that held more importance to me than the next, I could start to feel my body tearing to pieces. Where the hell did this boy live? We're in my old neighborhood, and it's scaring the shit out of me. We kept driving past the familiar houses, each one I recognized more and more. I started to remember the names of my neighbors and all the people that lived here.

And then my worst nightmare happened... Why the fucking hell, were we pulling into the driveway of my childhood house... the one I still owned?

I sat frozen as he came to a full on stop. He had parked the car and looked at me, I could feel it. I couldn't look back though. This was a fucking joke that someone was playing on me, only I didn't find it even remotely funny. I couldn't move, I could hardly breath, and I could feel my head pounding.