Chapter 2

Bethany's POV

My feet were sore. It felt as if Satan had grabbed them and crushed them under a bunch of rocks. Sure, I knew it's just because the shoes I had decided to wear today weren't the most ideal for walking around. They were tall, very tall really. But the outfit I had on made me feel very powerful. I needed that for today. It was a big meeting with Simon Cowell. 

I usually didn't talk to music producers and music companies. It wasn't something my parent's had ever really took an interest in for the company, but this was Simon Cowell. Something deep in my gut told me I'd regret it if I didn't go meet with him today. He'd been chasing me down for months, begging and pleading with my assistants and heads of the company. He definitely wanted to talk about something, though I still was not aware of the details.

Never the less I thought it would be a good decision to walk from my office to his. Of course I stopped at Starbucks and had to wait in a fifteen minute line, just so I could get a cup of coffee. Then, the walk ended up being longer than I expected because they closed a bunch of streets for road work. Why would they do that in the middle of the day in downtown LA? I don't know, I don't care either. I just wanted to get to his office so I could sit down and get the pressure off my feet. 

 I was so close to his office when I felt my feet stop walking. There was this uneasy feeling in my stomach as soon as I got to right in front of the doors. I swallowed hard, looking subtly around me, trying to find the source that made me feel like I was being watched. It made me uncomfortable, and quite frankly, a little queezy. There was something looking at me, and it wasn't cameras... it was like someone's eyes were boring into me. 

I shook it off, knowing I was already late enough for my meeting. I was given quite the amount of stares as I walked into the building. Women were rushing up to me, offering me water and to take my jacket. They kept telling me Simon's office was on the top floor, practically chasing me into the elevators. I must have said no thank you to atleast 13 different women in that lobby, so God only knows what I can expect when I get upstairs. 

The doors open, and I step onto the white tile flooring that seemed to blend in with the white colored walls and large white desk with two black chairs behind it. The two women who sat behind the desk were busy typing away on their computers until I started walking. The heels of my shoes obviously gaining their attention. They looked terrified, intimidated and as if they could shit their pants. I took off my sunglasses and looked at the woman on the right. Her name was Jill, and she was beautiful. She must have been no older than 25, but gorgeous none the less. 

"I'm Bethany Smith, and I'm here to see Mr. Cowell." She swallowed hard before nodding her head. 

"Yes, he's been expecting you. Right this way." she stands from her chair and makes her way around the giant desk. 

Her brown hair came just below her shoulders. The color was a big contrast with her porcelain white skin. She was tall, skinny, beautiful in general really. Her outfit was professional, yet had a sexy look that I feel only she could rock. The tight pencil skirt was short, making her legs look longer... if that was even possible. She wore classy black stilleto heels and a white longsleeve shirt tucked into the skirt. 

"I love your outfit." I commented, making her jaw drop a bit. She probably thought I was some crazy bitch. I come off that way sometimes- or so I've been told. 

"I love yours! I wish I could rock something like that." He word choice took me back a bit. She talked like such a young person, it was refeshing. She wasn't some stuck up 45 year old woman who was probably fucking their boss in order to keep their position. 

"Thanks. I appreciate that." 

She leads me towards two giant doors. They must have been 25 feet in hight and 5 feet wide each. They were huge and I knew Simon was behind the door. Jill opened the door and waved me in before nodding to me as a goodbye.