Chapter 73

Harry's POV

I felt myself sweating... the heat was becoming unbearable. The light in the room was shining right in my face and the numbness in my arm was uncomfortable.

But I smelt her shampoo filling my nose. I felt her soft skin beneath my finger tips. I could still taste her on my lips from the night before...

I had her. I had her back and in my arms- where she belonged.

It didn't matter to me that the sun was blinding me, because I got to see her golden hair shine in the light. It didn't matter that my arm was numb, because it was her who was laying on it. It didn't matter that I felt like I was dying of heatstroke, because she was with me again. I knew she was safe.

I rolled her naked body over slowly, making sure not to wake her. The arm she had been sleeping on was completely numb and lifting it up was almost impossible. I had to wait till blood started to pump through it again in order for me to be able to move. It was like dead weight hanging off my body.

When I could finally press myself up into a sitting position, I picked out a pair of sweatpants to put on before heading downstairs. She deserved a breakfast in bed, and that is what I was going to give her. I wanted to treat her like a princess, and I wanted to do it right. I'd put her through hell and being able to even touch her is enough to make my skin crawl with guilt.

I always got everything so easily, and this time, I wanted to earn what I got.

Tiptoeing around the house was practically unnecessary. I could hear all four of them in the kitchen- Niall's laugh making the loudest noise out of all of them. I knew Louis had probably said something to make him laugh. Louis seemed to have the ability to make anyone laugh.

When I walked into the kitchen, I saw lots of left over party decorations. There were a lot of left over plastic cups and paper plates resting on the counters that hadn't been touched. There were left over deserts and foods laying around that each of the boys seemed to invest their hunger in.

Liam was eating a slice of cold pizza, standing in a white shirt and his boxers. Zayn was sat on the counter next to Liam, holding a bottle of water and a plate of cookies. I was surprised he was even awake, but when I looked at the clock and realized how it was 2 in the afternoon, I wasn't as surprised anymore. He was sitting there with small bags under his eyes, and crazy bed head, simply staring at the ground with a blank face. Louis was racing Niall in a brownie eating contest and thats when I realized why they were both giggling so much.

"I say Niall will win." I sound casual as I walk through the doorway of the kitchen. Everyone's eyes snap over to mine, but for some reason, my eyes hold contact with Zayn's.

His bored face turns into a knowing look, and quickly after, he nods at me. It was like he was saying 'you're welcome'. I don't think he understood how thankful I actually was.

"I think all of us would ask if you got back with Bethany, but after last night, I'm pretty sure all of fucking L.A. knows." Louis grumbles, making Niall giggle like a little school girl. I give him a sarcastic 'ha ha' before giving him the finger and walking towards the fridge.

Liam was eating cold pizza, and I knew now that Bethany hated breakfast food, so why not give her left overs like she liked. Plus, it wasn't really breakfast time anyways.

"So are you guys okay?" Of course I have Liam as my concerned parent, but I guess it was kind of nice. It felt weird being away from my parents when I was with them for so long.

"Uh, as close as I can get right now." I know I'm scratching the back of my neck awkwardly, but that's what I always did when I was nervous. I needed to make an effort to stop.