Chapter 63

Bethany's POV

I sat there smiling at my stupid friend as she ordered us yet another round of shots. I was beginning to think I'd never be sober again.

Her plans for today had gotten ruined. I was so hungover I could hardly open my eyes. She was hungover as well, but no where near as bad as me.

She came into my room in her giant sweatshirt with her hair tied up in a ponytail. She pouted at me, rubbing a temple as she spoke.

"I don't think my plans for today are going to happen. It feels like I've been shot in the head." She climbs into bed next to me, wrapping herself in the duvet.

"We can still do something tonight." I try to make her feel better and she nods her head.

My phone started to buzz, but I made no attempt at moving to get it. I wanted to lay here and continue to feel like death without the interruption from someone who was irrelevant to me at the moment.

"Uh.. why is Gemma texting you?" She asks with a bit of attitude in her tone.

"I don't know." My voice comes out innocent, just as I was hoping.

"Well, the text says, 'thanks for the conversation last night.'" She pulls my shoulder so that I'm facing her on my side.

"Why are you calling her Bethany? After everything that girl said to you? After everything her idiot brother did to you?"

"I have my reasons. She told me she'd never contact me again." I groan reaching for my phone in Leighton's hand. I click on her contact, pressing the block number option at the bottom of the screen. Now she can't get in contact with me.

"Bethany you are treading in dangerous water..." she warns me and I sigh.

"I know. This wasn't a bad thing. I promise."

We lay in silence, but I know she's awake. You can tell by her breathing. It's not as slow as it would be if she was sleeping. It sounds like normal. Her eyes were closed shut tight as she tried to ignore the light seeping in through the windows.

"That article they posted about you has really gotten out of hand." She comments.

"Hmm? Which article?"

"The one where you admitted to everything Harry did to you. You were so drunk off you ass you told the press their accusations were correct."

My eyes connect with hers, a bit of sadness washed in them. She looked at me as if she was sorry, as if she knew I didn't deserve any of what I was receiving. For once I had to agree with her.

"I don't want to talk about that article then. I just want to have a good time in Paris with my friend."

That led to the end of our conversation, and the beginning of our day. Well.. It actually wasn't much of a beginning. We were both kinda just laying in bed all day watching tv. The view of the city was absolutely amazing though, so that was nice.

We had ordered room service... 3 times. We had stayed in the same clothes we had slept in all day. The bed was warm, and being in it with Leighton was making it even warmer.

I'm pretty sure the people at the hotel thought we were lesbians because the minute they'd enter my room, they'd see two half naked girls cuddling and watching shit on tv like Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

The irony of that statement was funny, seeing as Harry had taken Kendall to that nice gala one time instead of me. Wow. He really was a dick.

Now we were sitting in a fancy club where men and women of good money seemed to be. It was on the top of some building in the middle of town. Only the richest people in the city were in the club, sipping from their brandy and cosmos.