Chapter 4

Bethany's POV

I continued to walk forward, but my was heart practically beating out of my chest. Harry Styles is not the one to trust. He's getting to me, and I can't do anything to stop it.

My grip on Chace's arm loosens- he looks over at me, but I keep my eyes down. There's sadness filling my body. It's an emotion I was hoping to never feel again. It feels like your heart is taken out of your chest and kept dangling right in front of you. It was a pain that you couldn't fix.

I couldn't smile anymore, I could barely look where I was going. I was sad, boy was I sad. I didn't know if he was cheating, but if he was, that would make me really sad. I put so much trust in him. It made me sad to know that if he was unhappy that he had to make me unhappy in the end too. But I was angry too. I was so beyond angry it scared me.

How dare Harry accuse my boyfriend of cheating on me- and in the middle of this event none the less! If he even had some decency, he would have at least lied to me at a different time. At least, if he was lying.

Of course he was.

I'm livid right now. Every step forward, I have to fight the urge to turn around and question the crap out of him. My grip on Chace's arm becomes loser and loser. Even the thought of him cheating on me makes me feel physically ill. I can't every believe that it would actually happen, but imagining it being true makes me want to throw up.

Eventually, my hand loses it's place on his arm and finds its place by my side. He looks over at me with a curious face, but I offer him a small smile, trying to reassure him and myself. He wouldn't have done that. Chace wouldn't do that because he's not that type of guy. He's been committed to me for two years now- but maybe that was two years too many.

We make our way silently into the giant ballroom. The whole place was decorated beautifully. The color scheme consisted of mostly red and white with the occasional splatters of black here and there. There was a stage at the front of the room and a dance floor in the middle of all the table that held about 10 or 12 chairs. The place was truly gorgeous.

We were sat at a table with none other than the nightmare itself. Harry Styles would be sitting next to me- at least that's where his name card was placed. Chace was on my left, Harry on my right and I felt as if the world had dropped an anxiety bomb right on me.

"You want to sit down or are you going to drift into space the rest of the evening?" Chace's voice comes out teasingly and I realize I've been staring down at Harry's namecard for the past few seconds.

Chace has my chair pulled out from the table, awaiting for me to sit down. He offers me a small smile, which I try to return but even I know I've failed miserably. His eyes become hooded with concern as he stares into my eyes. He sits down in a rush, grabbing my hand and rubbing gentle circles on my palm with his thumb.

"Okay, seriously what's wrong... and don't say nothing. You should know that I can tell by now. I can tell when something's wrong." His hand moves from mine to my face, making sure my eyes don't leave his.

"Nothing, I promise. I'm just a bit nervous is all." I come up with any excuse that I can, but I can tell he doesn't understand why yet.

"Is it because of when we were posing for pictures? Beth, I'm sorry if that upset you. I-" I cut him off quickly with a small chuckle.

"No, no. That was funny. Don't worry about that." His face becomes slightly more relieved as he realizes that's not what's bothering me.

"Then why are you nervous?"

"I don't know. Just got like this wave of anxiety. It'll pass, I know. Just... be with me yea? Keep my mind off it?" I plead into his eyes, trying to find how he'll react.