Chapter 20

Bethany's POV

To say I am upset would be the biggest understatement to ever be said. I am fucking furious. The amount of rage I can feel running through my veins at the moment was scary. One wrong move, and I might as well just punch a whole in the damn wall.

I have been pacing back and forth across my office all damn morning. There hasn't been a single piece of work I've taken care of. The fact that I am too angry to work makes me even more mad, knowing I'm going to be here so much later than I had planned. I'm tired and cranky as shit from the lack of sleep, so everything seems to be pissing me off fifty times worse than it should.

When I hear the door open, my head snaps towards the source. He stands there a bright smile on his face at first, but that quickly disappears into a nervous scowl. Even in my time of rage, I still manage to only look at him and feel my heart beat quicken immensely. He was staring at me, and I was staring at him and for some damn reason, I felt every amount of anger I had in my body rush out of my body. All I could think about was how good his tight black jeans and plain white t-shirt looked on his body.

"Hi bub." He greets me, giving me a quick peck on the cheek and a tight hug. He smells fresh, obviously just out of the shower. I bite my lip, trying to stifle the grin that wants to come out due to the pet name he gave me.

"Hi." I reply, but my voice comes out way weaker than I was going for. Shit. Harry gives me a curious glance, but lets out a light chuckle.

"Don't get all shy on me now." My face turns a bright pink, so I decide to hide my head straight in his chest, listening to the rumble of his laughter move through his body.

"Don't make fun of me." I pout lightly, continuing on with his playful assault. He grabs my head in his hands, pulling it away from his chest and inspects my face. Chills run down my spine as I feel his finger tips move the small stray hairs that moved to cover my eyes.

"Just teasin' love. Wouldn't dream of really makin' fun of you." He kisses my cheek one more time before deciding to go sit down on my couch, all the way across from my desk.

"I like your office attire. Very professional." He continues, but this time, I give him a glare.

"Well, I wouldn't be wearing this if you didn't drag me out to the early hours of the night." My lips quirk up into a sarcastic smile, making him chuckle lightly.

"Oh you enjoyed yourself. Admit it." And as much as I wish I could admit he was joking, I knew he was right. I did enjoy myself, and I did enjoy being twenty again.

"Fine, yeah. I had a good time." I sigh, finally deciding to take a seat on the coffee table across from him.

"So why did I wake up this mornin' to a frantic lady callin' me on the phone. Scarin the absolute shit outta me right now if I'm bein honest." He has a smile on his face, but I can see the nerves behind it.

"Oh dang, sorry. What'd she say to you?" I try to play it off innocent, but I can tell that he knows I already know.

"Oh you know, just screamed at me tellin' me I needed to 'get my ass in here right away'." He quotes Vanessa with a girly voice and air quotes, making me break out into a fit of giggles.

"Oh I'm sorry. I'll have to have a talk with her about how to call people." I try to play it off again, but he just shakes his head and gives me a knowing look.

"So why am I here? Miss me already?" I blush at his words, his cockiness never seeming to leave. It amazed me at how he could be so confident at some points and so damn shy at others. It was like whip lash.