Chapter 69

Bethany's POV

"Another fucking vase of flowers..." Vanessa laughs as she carries the giant mass of white roses into my office.

She's sets them on my already filled coffee table, taking up the last space to store the flowers. She wiped her hands down the front of her skirt, readjusting her shirt soon after. She looked brighter and happier lately. Her smile was shining brightly. I knew she was happy with all the flowers around. She was happy Harry was trying.

He had been trying every hour on the hour since I'd gotten back on Monday morning. When I arrived in my office, there were already 7 cases of flowers outside my door. He hadn't stopped since!

"Oh this is getting beyond ridiculous." I roll my eyes standing up from my seat. I counted each vase... 111 different glasses filled with flowers surrounded my office. It smelled as if a flower shop had just opened itself up in here.

I picked up my phone and started to dial his number. This was crazy. Vanessa may have thought it was sweet, but this was absurd. This must have costed a fortune, and they would all be dead soon anyways.

"Bethany?" He asks curiously. He actually sounds surprised that I'm calling.

"Stop sending me fucking flowers." I groan. He laughs lightly.

"So you got them?" He presses. I roll my eyes.

"I have no more room in my damn office for them. Please stop. I know you're trying to prove something to me, but flowers isn't going to cut it." With that, I hang the phone up, slamming it down on the desk in front of me.

"I think it's kinda sweet." Vanessa smiles at me. I glare at her, making her laugh lightly.

"It's not sweet. It's annoying and it's making me hate him more."

"Oh yeah, okay." She rolls her eyes.

"What?"

"I think the entire world knows you don't hate him."

I scoff at her statement, turning around to face the outdoors. How would she know if I hated him or not? It's not like I make my feelings towards him obvious.

"Every time I walk in here with a new vase, you smile so big, and then you catch yourself and hide it. You still blush even when I do so much as to bring his name into a conversation."

"I do not!" I keep my face turned away from her, knowing there is most definitely a blush on my cheeks.

"You should just be with him, Bethany. I know he fucked up with you, but like, you guys didn't even have a full conversation to talk about what happened. From what you told me, you guys just cried a lot." She shrugs her shoulders, taking a seat on the edge of the sofa. I turn to face her, frowning a little.

"We did have a conversation about what happened. I decided I didn't want to be with him."

"Oh please." She rolls her eyes. "You guys talked about the contract, and I don't even think that's what upset you the most. You know he loves you, you're just upset because he made out with his ex for twenty minutes. That's the main reason you're upset."

"Well do you blame me?! That's the second guy who's told me he loved me and then gone on cheating on me."

"I'm not happy with what he did to you, but maybe you should let him explain. Maybe he has a good reason."

"I don't want to get hurt again. Therefore, I don't want to be with him." I close my eyes out of frustration. Why didn't anyone understand what I was saying. I didn't want to be a cheater. I didn't want to be that girl that ran back to her cheating boyfriend because he sends me a few flowers. I hated women who couldn't stand up for themselves.