Chapter 17

I had finished getting ready and was now checking myself over in the mirror. The white dress I had chosen was short, but it had a more classy aspect of it thanks to the crystals that lined the front of the dress. It was perfect for clubbing and perfect for a fancy dinner.

It's 7:00, the time that Harry said he was picking me up. If I said I was nervous, that would be an understatement. I'm pretty sure my entire body was shaking with nerves.

It's quick to go from a two year relationship to going out with a guy I've known for two weeks. It's weird and it makes me more than anxious. I'd never been the one to do this. I'd never been the one to go out with a guy just for the hell of it. So this was a new experience for me.

There was a knock on my door and I almost didn't answer it. Knowing Harry was behind the door made me giddy. It made me excited. But it mostly made me a pile of nerves.

I took a deep breath, smoothing out my dress before slowly opening the door. My eyes made me way up from the floor to his face, but his eyes were elsewhere. They roamed my body, making me shift the weight on my legs.

We had made eye contact, but nothing could stop me as I started to take in what he was wearing. A black shirt with black jeans were on his body and brown boots on his feet.

After we had finished visually ripping each other's clothes off, I looked up at him. This time his eyes were staring right at mine. The blush that made its way onto my face obviously went unnoticed because there was a small chuckle that seemed to escape his lips.

"You look beautiful." His voice is hoarse, his Adam's apple bobbing as he finishes speaking.

"Thanks. Not so bad yourself." I tell him as I grab my clutch of the foyer table.

He sticks his arm out for me to grab before holding the door open and allowing me to walk out of it.

The car ride was filled with mindless chatter. He talked of what he planned to do for Christmas- going back to England before coming back to LA for more promotion of the album. When he asked what I was doing for Christmas, I simply shrugged my shoulders telling him I would probably spend it traveling by myself for a bit.

"Don't you have any family you can spend it with?" He asks as we take a seat at our table.

The restaurant was dark, and we were sat by a giant window. It was over looking the beach, and it was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. The way the moon hit the water was breathtaking.

"I don't really have any family. Both my parents were only children. I usually spent it with Chace's." I tell him as I look down at my menu, deciding on the filet mignon.

"Well where are you going to travel to?"

"I don't know. I guess I'd go through Europe. It's been awhile since I've seen Paris. I'd love to go there again."

He nods his head, and the conversation continues through nicely. He tells me of what he plans on doing in England with his parents and how he can't wait to see his sister. But his sentence he was in the middle gets cut off by our waitress.

"Hi, I'm Kelly, and I'll be your waitress for the evening." She says while looking down and patting her pockets trying to find her pad and pen.

When she looks up, her mouth parts as she sees Harry. But it isn't a good look. In fact she looks pissed as hell. He hasn't seen her yet, and I can only imagine what he did to her to make her give him the look of death he is receiving.

When he looks up, he gives her a smile before his face turns into a confusion. When he turns to me, I shrug my shoulders, not really knowing what to tell him. He obviously didn't know her, but she definitely knew him.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" A tight and very fake smile makes its way onto his face, taking me by surprise.

"Sure, I'll have a water." He answers casually, not even looking to give her the time of day.

She nods her head before turning to me. The look she gives me is terrifying. She gives me this look, this look that looks like she's trying to warn me of something.

"I'll have a water too?" I scrunch my eyebrows together only to have her nod and walk away from the table slowly.

"Do you know her?" I whisper to him. He gives me a confused look before shaking his head.

"I don't remember her."

"she knows you." I murmur and he lets out a small chuckle.

"I doubt that. I've never seen her before in my life."

I ignore the thoughts running through my mind. He would tell me if he knew her. He would tell me if anything had happened. Or at least if he remembered her.

"Your waters." She says as she places them in front of us. "Now what can I get you to eat?"

Once we both order, we talk about our pasts. We talk about stories and memories of our childhoods. His stories are entertaining, mostly consisting of awful things he did to his sister. Mine were more boring, just simply experiences of traveling the world with my parents. His had me laughing throughout our entire dinner.

He was funny. The way he would tell stories was probably the most entertaining thing I'd ever seen. The way his eyes would light up when he thought of something funny, or the way he used his hands to try and describe the story better. Everything was so detailed. He was so passionate about his stories, it was heartwarming seeing him in that state.

When the check came, I'll admit things got awkward. Harry had made eye contact with Kelly again. She handed him the receipt before talking.

"Do you remember me?" She asks, her voice cracking a bit at the end.

"No, am I suppose to?" He asks with a bit of amusement.

"No. No of course not." She mumbles before turning on her heel.

"Have a good night." She says before walking off.

"I'm going to go clean up a bit before we go to the club. I'll meet you by the front of the restaurant yeah?" I stand up, not giving him anytime to say no before walking towards the bathroom.

When I enter, I check my reflexion in the mirror before applying lipgloss. When I hear the faint sound of sniffles, my body becomes curious. As I try to find the source of the whimpers, a girl steps out of a stall wiping her make up away. The only thing, the girl was a waitress... Kelly.

"Are you okay?" I ask, only for her to shake her head.

"You need to be careful with Harry." She tells me, my heart dropping a bit as she talks.

"What do you mean?"

"If you're not okay with just sex with him, you should just stop now." She warns but I try to remember what harry told me. I was different.

"I'll um, take your word for it." I tell her before walking towards the door.

"If you think you're any different than the other 80 girls he has slept with in the past 6 months, you're crazy. He will use you." She tells me before pushing past me and out the door.

Well she had balls.

AN: I hope you all are having a good holiday season. If you all are liking the book, let me know. I love to hear everyone's thoughts.