Chapter 7

Bethany's POV

It was four in the afternoon at this point, and I was very curious as to where Simon and the boys were. They were suppose to be here almost half an hour ago, yet here I was, sitting alone in my office. It was quiet and I felt as if Vanessa and I were the only ones in the building. Of course I knew that wasn't true. It was four o'clock and most people spent this time cramming as much work as the could in, so that they wouldn't have to do it when they got home.

I finished going through the emails and phone calls that were left to me by Vanessa that she needed assistance with. The meeting with the representatives of Forever21 was quick. It only took about 15 minutes, and I already know there will be an increase in profit for both the companies.

I picked up my phone, deciding that calling Vanessa and seeing where Simon was would be a good idea. The phone rang once, when a frantic sounding voice shot through the phone.

"HELLO?"

I had to stifle a laugh that was barely managing to stay within me. She sounded as if the world was ending. I knew she was stressed, and being my PA was probably not her favorite thing in the world, but she was damn good at it. I'd do anything to keep her really if I'm being honest.

"Vanessa, it's just me." I laughed a little, hoping to have her calm down a bit.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." She sighed out. "I've been moving meetings around and finishing emailing these companies and texting Robert, because he keeps trying to figure out a good time to go on the date."

"Tell him 7:30. That way you have time to go home and get ready and also drop Jack off at my house. And about moving meetings around, what is happening with Simon? He didn't show up."

"Yes, I moved your meeting with him to your house tonight at 8. The boys had some last minute recording to do." Her words come out like rapid fire, and I scrunch my eyebrows together.

"I don't mind that, but what about Jack?" She lets out a long groan and I hear her slap something- probably her forehead.

"Ohhh I forgot. Shit. I- I mean, shoot." I laugh at her words a bit, before suggesting something else.

"Why don't I take him in anyways. He'll probably pass out on the couch before they even get there. He's only one and a half. He won't be awake that long... plus I've seen him. He's a very well behaved child."

"Are you sure you can handle all that? I can cancel and reschedule." She offers but I shake my head till I realize she can't hear me.

"No, no! Go on that date. You need a break. Just drop him at my house around 6ish? Then you can go home and get ready in peace. I'm gonna go home, and just make sure everything is clean around the house. I'll see you then."

Before she can answer, I hang up the phone and grab my things to go home. This is about to be one interesting evening.

*************************

Vanessa showed up at my house at 6 o'clock on the dot. In her hand she carried Jack's bag while holding jack in the other. I took the bag from her immediately, welcoming her into the house. Her mouth was agape, and I let out a small chuckle, leading her into the living room.

"Holy..." She was in awe as she looked around my house.

I was surprised that this was the first time she'd ever actually been in my penthouse. She'd drop stuff off in the lobby, but she'd never actually been up here before. She was spinning around, looking at everything my house had to offer. She set jack on the couch who immediately pointed to the TV. I let out a small laugh, turning on the TV and putting it on some Disney Junior type thing.