Chapter 22

Bethany's POV

Do you ever have those nights where you just simply set aside time to think. Like, there is nothing else that you can even physically make your body do rather than think. Usually those nights are nights where something bad has happened. It's depressing yes, but what more can you do? I'm not one to simply forget something that hurt me. I let it take over my mind. Every thought some how ties into the subject at hand. 

I am having one of those nights. 

The t-shirt and panties covering my body on a good day wouldn't keep me warm at this time of night. But I feel numb. Physically and emotionally, nothing is really seeming to get to me. The cold wind outside was unusal for LA, but I took a liking to it. Although I couldn't physically feel cold, I could see the goosebumps on my skin rising, letting me know I was at least functioning. 

I feel over dramatic to some extent, but at the same time, I know I need to allow myself some pity. I'd been running from my feelings for two damn long. The pain I felt after what happened between Chace and I was horrendous. I spent four days letting out emotions I hadn't felt since my parents death, only to have to bottle them up and hide them. 

Harry was my escape. The past week with him had been incredible. Sure, we hadn't seen each other every day, but he made an effort to talk to me somehow. Whether it'd be over text or twitter, he'd somehow manage to remind me he was thinking of me. The simple actions were like little bits and pieces of comfort I needed. They let me know at least someone was still here for me. At least someone was still thinking about me. 

But maybe that's just it. Maybe I was seen as vulnerable- an easy target? I was hurt and he had the right idea by comforting me. It made me grow attached. I thought he felt something for me, but in reality, I'm assuring myself it was all just simply a lie. I was in pain, and he was the one to take it away. I was a fucking idiot for trusting him. 

He told me to trust him, but look how that turned out.

Sometimes I wonder if anything with any relationship I'll have will be real. When I look in the sky, I see starts and a moon. There aren't many stars due to light polution, but the few that still stand out obviously mean they're still there. Isn't that what a relationship of any sort is suppose to be like. Even when it's the hardest for them to show, you get through it anyways and you stay with them for anything? I feel like the stars do that for the moon. It was a relationship I was jealous of. It had gotten to the point where I wanted a relationship at least as good as the moon and the stars. 

Knocks were heard at my door, breaking me completely of my thoughts... thank God. I think I'm going crazy just thinking about it. 

I screamed towards the door, telling them it was open. I wasn't in the mood to see anyone right now, but I'm assuming I needed to see someone. I didn't want to sit alone on the couch and do nothing. I needed to paper work, but even I knew that wasn't going to happen. I needed to talk about something to get my mind of whatever happened tonight. 

"Pretty night it is." There was a raspy voice, a bit of nervousness to it. I knew he'd follow me here, but for some reason, I was glad he did. 

"Mmm." I respond. There was a hint of appreciation in my voice, a small smile taking over my features. He was still behind me, though his presence wouldn't have gone unnoticed. I could feel him glaring at my back. He walked to stand in front of me, his boots clacking along the way. 

"You just ruined the view." I pout. 

"You ran tonight." He states, completely ignoring my insult. I nod my head, not really knowing what to say. 

"I found the shirt, on the floor." He continues, taking a seat in front of me on the coffe table. Our eyes were level, though, there couldn't be more room between us.