Chapter 71

Harry's POV

I felt pain run through my chest... It was unbearable. It was like I had been shot dead in the middle a hundred times.

Things were finally starting to get better. I finally was starting to get her back. I was on the right track, and then I went and fucked it up again.

When she said time and space,I should have known she didn't mean snogging sessions. Hell, I did know that. So why was I so fucking stupid and why the actual fuck did I do it?

I was finally starting to see me getting a chance, but now I'm pretty sure if I even got her to acknowledge my presence, it'd be because she was throwing me out of whatever room she was in.

"Mate, come on! Simon's waiting on you- oh shit are you crying?" I was actually surprised when I felt Zayn's hand on my shoulder. I closed my eyes, hoping that'd stop the tears from falling.

"No." I say gruffly. "Let's go."

He doesn't say anything, but I can feel him staring at me as I walk. I can always tell when someone's looking at me oddly, and right now it was Zayn. The look in his eyes as I turned towards the front door was full of concern, something I didn't see often. I knew he was trying to figure out what happened. I know him of all the guys was probably deep in thought. He was always deep in thought... always over thinking shit.

I opened the front door of the house, surprised when I saw no one in the foyer. Everyone must have been more towards the back so they could hear Simon. I was right as well... they were all surrounding him as he stood at the DJ's table with a mic in hand.

People turned to look at me, whispering... whispering was all I saw. I couldn't fucking hear any of them, but I knew what they were saying. I knew they were talking about Bethany being here and I knew they were talking about the tears falling down my cheeks. I knew I wasn't able to hide anymore.

What I felt for Bethany was finally starting to come out more public than before. I had a feeling people were starting to realize how much I loved her. I just wish she would understand as well.

"Oh, well now that Harry's here... Oi, where's Zayn run off to?" Simon speaks into the microphone. He's stared at me in confusion for a good ten seconds before he realized I was crying.

"Zayn just left!" There was someone shouting through the crowd. All the attention focused on the man that spoke... He was part of the catering team. He was dressed in black slacks and a white button up- very formal for something as interesting as a fucking barbecue.

"He left?" Simons face looked annoyed and I knew Zayn had pissed him off. Where the hell did that kid go?

"Well, if he left, I don't see a point in waiting. So I guess I'll just start now..."

His speech went on for a good half an hour. He talked about the process of becoming a band and how proud of us he was for our success. He told everyone about how much he expected from our tour starting in Austria. He was excited to see what else we had to come and which obstacles we had to face.

He also apologized on behalf of the press titles that had been going around. He apologized if it looked like our band wasn't as serious as we actually were. Pretty much he was apologizing for my illegal actions that weren't punished.

I didn't care though. I didn't care about the media or the press that his speech would get. All I wanted was to get out of this stupid house and be alone. I didn't want to sit here and party. I didn't want to watch every fucking person I knew get drunk and dance around while I was having my pity party. I was done watching everyone else be happy while I felt like shit.