Chapter 11

Bethany's POV

 I had followed him out of the recording studio. We had received a few curious glances from the not so subtle band members. I ignored them as best I could, but there was still a bright red tint on my cheeks that couldn't be ignored. 

"We'll be back." Was the only thing that Harry shouted into the room before the door closed. 

We were walking in silence, and I didn't even know where we going. He led the way, looking straight ahead the whole time he was walking. My eyes wandered in between the pictures and records lined all across the walls. There were so many of them, yet it seemed like boring old news to Harry. He didn't give a single glance in any direction except the one in front of him. 

He quickly turned right and pushed open a door. Behind it were a couple flights of stairs. Harry had started walking up the stairs, and I followed. His pace was very quick, seeing as he was practically running up the stairs. I had to run up each one, and by the time we got to the very top of the stare case, I was trying to act like I wasn't panting. We had ran up 6 flights of stairs, yet he remained uneffected. 

He gave me a curious glance, seeing as I was out of shape and then his lips quirked up into a grin. But that was quickly wiped away as he turned away and started towards the edge of the giant building we were standing on top of. 

The ground was concrete, and there really wasn't much to the building. It was high up, practically one of the tallest skyscrapers in LA. There were a lot of businesses in the building, so it wasn't dedicated to one business or company in particular.

It was odd though, being up here on a roof alone with Harry. It was oddly quiet, and I knew both of us were trying to gain to courage to talk to one another. But until that happened, I decided it'd be best if I just looked at the beautiful skyline. The sun was out and the hustle and bustle of people getting to work was finally starting to calm down since it was around 9:20 at this point. There was a breeze, and thankfully that was calming down my body that felt extremely hot due to nerves. I was a mess, and I just wanted to get this conversation over with. 

"So, um you wanted to talk?" I cough awkwardly but my eyes find the floor much more interesting than his gaze. 

"Uh, yea. I think I owe you an apology and an explination..." His teeth somehow manage to find his bottom lip and he stares nervously at me when I meet his eyes. 

"I um, don't need one. I think you and I can both agree we got lost in the moment and-" He cuts me off. 

"Let me talk." He snaps and I feel my mouth shut close. Well that was incredibly rude. 

"Gah.. sorry. I just, I want to get whatever I'm saying out before I listen to that excuse that I've heard over a million times." He runs a hand through his hair as the words come rambling out of his mouth. He's flustered and nervous and for some reason it's really cute to see. 

"I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to make excuses. I'm just trying to say what's on my mind." I reason and he slumps down a bit. 

"Well, tell me what's on your mind after I finish talking. Okay?" I nod my head, telling him to continue. 

"Well, uh, guess I was kinda a giant dick to ya the first time we met yeah?" I nod my head again, letting him go on. "Didn't mean to be really. Just thought you were... pretty. Yes, very pretty." His face blushes and a small smile makes it's way to my lips. 

"Tried to just go for it with ya. Seems to work on most girls when it comes to me. Don't mean to sound cocky, guess I'm just tellin' ya from experience. You didn't like it though, and well, I felt kinda degraded? Don't know if that's the right word for how I was feeling but, that's how I felt. And when you rejected me because of some loser you'd been datin for two years, I kinda admired you? Don't know... you were" He pauses for a moment, thinking of the right word to say, and when it comes out, I get confused. 

"Different." He smiles and shakes his head. "Yea, different. You were so invested in this guy, and had so much respect for yourself it was kinda... refreshing? Not many girls I meet that're like that. So, when I saw ya with that asshole and I'd seen him sucking face with a girl only days before... I felt angry. Angry at myself and well, angry at him too. Just, I didn't know you were his girlfriend or I woulda told ya the day before. Felt like shit keepin all that from ya." He mumbled the last sentence and my heart rate started to fasten up. 

"When you didn't call me that night, I thought something happened. Got kinda worried and didn't sleep. Cause like, what if you got really emotional or he did somethin to ya... I'd feel responsible cause I woulda started the fight y'know? And then, like I didn't hear from you for a few days and you just kinda popped outta the water and entered back into the world like nothin happened. Kinda freaky. So when I saw ya I uh.. I felt kinda angry that you didn't call me. And then I made you cry and I felt like the worst human being on the planet. Of course all of this is fuckin new to me. I can make a thousand girls cry and I don't give two shits, but damnt when you cried, I felt like the worst thing that ever walked earth." His eyes were downcast- he couldn't even look at me. 

"And I don't know why, but I wanted to ease the pain. I wanted you to stop thinking about that asshole and I guess I did it in the only way I knew how. I kissed ya and then I felt like an idiot. Like, the only way I could comfort someone was intimately and I knew you didn't need that right after a break up. If you were gonna hook up with some guy, it shouldn't be with one you were gonna have to deal with for awhile." And for some reason, his words kinda broke me. He wasn't doing it because he felt something, he was doing it because that was the only way he knew how to comfort me. 

"But when I left, I realized something. I felt something for you. Grant it, that's not much of an explination for how I'm feeling, but I guess it's a start. Don't really feel stuff for women, as much as I hate to say that... Most of the time it's just a way to get me out of this life I'm living and let me use my fame to my advantage. Sorry, if I sound like a total arse, but it's true. I feel something Beth... and I just... just thought you should know." 

There was an really quiet pause. Not really a pause I guess. He was done talking and now it was mine turn. It was my turn to put him out of his misery. It was my turn to think of something to say to him that could ease whatever it was that he was feeling. But I couldn't. My head was getting to me before my heart. All the signs pointing in a different direction rather than Harry's. He himself had practically called himself a womanizer, yet he had so much remorse saying it. It was hard to distinguish how I should be feeling, yet I didn't let my heart tell me what to do or what to say. I let my head. I stopped myself knowing I had just gotten out of a relationship and that jumping into something with Harry would obviously be too quick. Maybe in a time, but now wasn't a good time. Now was a time for me to just figure out what I wanted in life rather than when I was in a relationship. 

"Harry... I do like you." His eyes pop up at me and his face has I guess, hope? written across it. 

"But, I just got out of a relationship. And, I think I need time for myself- for now." I sigh out and his eyes still remain hopeful. 

"But you do at least like me a tiny bit, yeah?" A small smile making it's way onto his lips. 

"Yea. Just a bit." 

"Well than, that's all I need." He chuckles and shakes his head. 

"All you need for what?" 

"It's all I needed for the motivation to wait for you." 

AN: Heyyyy guys! I'm so appreciative of everyone who's reading and enjoying my story. It's means so much. I know there is so much more to unfold. Give me a like if you're enjoying the story so far, and let me know your thoughts on the book. xx