Chapter 13

Bethany's POV

We had somehow ended up on the couch. Harry was sat with his back against the arm rest and his legs spread out along the rest of the couch. My body had taken it's place in his lap, somehow curled into a ball. He was incredibly warm since he was wearing far more clothing than me. His hands were still cold as the ran up and down my bare back- a feeling I didn't seem to mind.

My body had finally relaxed. The tears had stopped falling, and my breathing had become regular again. I had a dull ache in my head, and a bit of a stuffed up nose but rather than that I was fine physically. My eyes were probably a little red and puffy but compared to how I was... I would say I was doing much better.

There was this dull ache in my chest. For some reason, I felt it slowly going away. The shaking had stopped, and my body had relaxed into his. It felt foreign, yet also very welcoming. I tried to look up at him, to see what kind of emotion he had on his face. I couldn't though. It was like my body would not physically allow me to look up at him.

I was mortified. I didn't want him to see me crying. I didn't want him to see me looking like a mess. I just wanted to continue looking down at my lap. I wasn't just mortified for my physcial state. I didn't want him to know how much I enjoyed actually be wrapped up in his arms.

I tried to shake off the feeling. I keep telling myself it's just because I needed comfort, but deep down, I know it's turning into something else. He felt like home and I didn't know why.

It had been two days since I had seen him. The last time we had spoken was on the rooftop when he told me he was going to wait for me. It had been two days since I had decided it was time for me to move on for Chace. It had been two days since I had chosen to give Harry a chance.

He had texted me on and off for two days straight. The entire time they were flirty, kinda cheeky but mostly funny. They had made me forget, but in different ways possible than what he thought he was capable of. He thought the only way he could comfort me and get me to forget Chace was through intimacy, but I knew that wasn't true. After talking to him a bit, I learned something about him: he was probably one of the most kind hearted, thoughtful person I had ever met in my entire life.

He went on for almost an hour about everything he was hoping to accomplish by recording this song. He wanted to go to Africa to shoot the video too. He talked with so much passion about helping kids because he knew what it was like to not have much growing up. He kept things simple, not giving much away about himself, but one thing he couldn't hide was how compassionate he was. It was almost... heartwarming?

He was such an honest guy in secrecy, but when you brought him into the public, he had this completely different persona. He was arrogant and rude. He was a complete man whore and yet he didn't even deny that. He thought very highly of himself, yet when he explained to me how he thought so highly of himself that he'd apologize for sounding so cocky. It was weird and a little terrifying. It was like I had no idea what I was getting myself into. He was two completely different persons and all I wanted was one.

I shook the thoughts away as I finally decided to look up at him. His face was looking towards me, but his eyes were in a completely different zone. They were hard, staring at the ground in front of us. You could tell he was thinking- thinking about something that was troubling him. He almost looked pained by it and it was my turn to snap him out of it.

"Sor-sorry about this." I mumble remaining to keep my eyes focussed on his, even though he wasn't staring at me.

"S'okay. Wanna talk bout it?" He finally looks down at me and I feel chills run down my arms.

"N-no. I'd rather just get my mind off it really." That was the truth. I didn't want to think about that letter. I had no intentions to ever think about that letter again. I wanted out from Chace at this point. It took me until I actually read that letter to understand everything he had done. He had cheated on me for so long and with so many, it was rediculous that he would think I would go back to him.