Chapter 74

Bethany's POV

Slow... I was suppose to make sure things went slow. I was suppose to do what I wanted and I was nervous as hell for it.

I needed to get ready for tonight, but sitting on the bench in my shower, drenching my body in water doesn't seem to help calm my nerves.

The water was hot... Almost unbearable. I was trying to get rid of the nervousness in my body by thinking about something else. I wanted to get the feeling of jittery hands and nausea out of my mind. I thought thinking about the burning feeling running down my back would help get my mind off it, but it didn't.

I hated feeling nervous. There were so few times when I would feel nervous, but tonight was definitely one of those times.

I'm used to being confident. I'm used to being prepared for everything and every situation that could happen. With Harry, everything just seems to be a surprise and although it's thrilling, it's scary as fuck.

So that's why, when I turned the shower off, my hand was shaking as if my body was having an earthquake. It was horrifying.

I was going out with Harry in public for the first time in practically a month. I was going to show the world we were back together for the first time since all of this shit went down.

I was scared I was going to be judged again. I was known as one of those girls Harry fucked and used. I was one of those girls now... I wasn't the serious business woman that I used to be. I was pretty much a whore to some people and a pitied woman to other.

People were horrible towards Harry, and sure there was a part of me that felt bad. Sure there was a part of me that wished he didn't experience what he's experiencing. There was an even bigger part of me glad he was finally getting what he deserved. Maybe it shouldn't be as rough as it is for him, but he put himself in this situation.

I wrapped the towel around myself, welcoming the cold air that encased my body. The reflexion of myself in the mirror was intense. The water was dripping down my body and my hair was sticking to my back.

I had two hours... Two hours to make myself look presentable for one of the biggest cover shoots I've ever had. I had two hours to look like I wasn't a nervous wreck. I needed to look confident and happy.

I breathed in, getting ready for getting ready.

The hair dryer I had set on my bathroom counter was now blowing air through my hair. Then, I fishtailed my hair to the side, keeping it out of my face.

Then I began working on my makeup. A golden shadow across the lids, a shimmery highlight on my brow bone, a bit of winged eye liner and lots of mascara later, my eyes looked sexy. I added a bit of foundation, blush and lipstick before nodding towards the mirror.

The dress I picked was white, and very summery. Sure it was winter, but I liked to stand out- no matter how out of season I was. I wasn't going to let some fashion magazine criticize me on what I was wearing when I know I was probably going to be more focussed on what people were saying about Harry's presence next to mine. I know I shouldn't care. I know I shouldn't be looking for anyone's approval, but I was human. I'll see things, no matter how hard I try not to.

As I finished putting my accessories on, I began to pace in front of the front door. I was so fucking nervous and all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball on the couch and go no where. I didn't want to do this. I wasn't ready to do this.

Three knocks at the door made me stand still in place. I stared at the door, like it was going to open on its own. Then the doorbell rang, and my feet broke into a steady pace towards the door.