Chapter 61

Bethany's POV

I felt the wind whipping through my hair as the the snow fell from the sky. I felt the chills rushing up and down my spine as the cold air hit my skin. I felt my lips becoming chapped. Hell, I felt every physical thing possible.

The top of the Eiffel Tower in December was cold as fuck. I was not dressed as appropriately as I had hoped. Apparently fleece lined leggings, UGG boots, and a heavy winter coat was not enough to keep my body warm. The wool lined leather gloves and beanie covering my head and hands barely helped at all. I was left to shiver half to death while leighton pranced around as if the weather was nothing.

"I can't believe you got us up here on Christmas Day! That's nearly impossible. It takes months to get tickets!" She yells, dragging me close to the railing.

Normally, I hate heights and I wouldn't dare look over the railing, but I was saying fuck it to a lot of things lately. I really didn't give a damn anymore.

My little game of alcohol fun was coming to an end. Leighton had seen me pouring it in every drink I had, and when I tried to put it in my last cup of coffee this morning, she ripped the bottle from my hands and threw it out the window.

I laughed as I hear a loud scream from outside and the shatter of glass on the pavement. I couldn't stop laughing honestly, and soon Leighton was laughing as well.

"I can't believe I just did that!" She exclaims, falling on her back in a fit of giggles.

"Neither can I!" I hold my stomach as I laugh at my goofy friend. "I'm kind of upset though. That bottle was still half full."

She gives me an apologetic smile, making her way over to me on the carpet. She runs a hand through my hair, and I lean into her touch. The small action was soothing...

"Don't resort to that Bethany. I'm all about you moving on, but not that way." She frowns, and I feel like I'm being scolded by my mom.

"It makes things easier."

"Easy is for the weak... Prove you're strong."

I listened to her words, letting them sink in. She was right about that. Finding ways to get rid of the pain for short amounts of time was stupid. I wasn't going to rely on alcohol forever, but I had a feeling if I hadn't stopped soon, I'd become addicted.

It was a fun drunk 24 hours though, I'll give it that.

I was still drunk though, and that was probably the only reason I was bold enough to actually look out over the city.

The lights were shining in the night. The Christmas lights twinkling throughout the entire city. It was gorgeous. It was a view I never thought I'd see in real life... well at least not on Christmas.

"This is beautiful." I hear her say, and I nod my head in agreement. I wasn't able to say anything. I was speechless.

"Can we get a picture?" I ask after a few minutes of silence.

"Of course."

We tap the girl to our left, asking if she'll take a picture of us with the city lights in the background. She almost gasps as she sees us, begging for pictures with us after she does us the favor. We accept, and I'm lucky I still have alcohol in my veins, because God and I both know I would not look as happy as I am.

We stand next to the railing, scrolling through the pictures on my phone, laughing at some of the candids we had gotten. I was obsessed with them.

"Send those to me. I want to post one!" She laughs as she wraps an arm around me.

"Already did." I assure her, leading her to a different section on the balcony.