89

(Chapter 89)A parent's wrath

(Chapter 89)
A parent's wrath

~*~
Author POV

"Park Jimin" Jimin perked up when he heard his mother's voice. Then cringed immediately after when he heard her tone. He was sure if he had a middle name then it would have been added to the single statement that was his name.

"Hi Mama" he grinned sheepishly as his mother entered the room completely. Jemian followed behind her, he too wore a worried expression.

"Oh Jiminie" his father muttered under his breath, sounding so heartbroken as he regarded his son's damaged wings.

"Park Jimin you do not get to 'hi Mama' me. Are you going to tell me why I received a call from your manager" the manager part was stressed out, to add emphasis.

"In which I discovered you had been injured and that they had given you your phone after you were confirmed to be fine. Why is it only now that we, your parents, are hearing of this and the news was not even from you. But from your manager." Carmine scolded.

Jimin shrunk in on himself. Looking incredibly guilty.

"Sorry Mama" he whimpered.

Anyone else would have been scared of Carmine Park in that moment. But this was Jimin. The youngest Park, the most coddled member of the family. He knew his mother well enough to detect the worry in her spicy chocolate scent. It was cloying as it mixed with Jemian's own passion fruit scent.

"I want you to explain to me what happened. Leave out nothing" Carmine instructed, as she took a seat on a chair beside the bed. Jemian however took initiative and sat on the bed. Being another Omega, one that Jimin trusted he didn't bat an eyelash at the invasion of his nest.

Usually one would have to ask permission to come into an Omega's nest. As for an Omega is was their designated safe space. Somewhere they would raise and protect their fledglings, should they have them. To have it invaded could lead to a swift and possessive attack from a near feral Omega. Something triggering something within their primal nature, an instinct to protect and defend. Regardless whether they had a fledgling in the nest or not.

The moment Jemian climbed into he nest he began to look Jimin over for any further injuries other than his wings and clearly bandaged legs. His inner Omega in distress about the injury of his youngest fledgling.

Jimin let his father lift his arm up and scan it over as he explained the situation to his mother. She watched him attentively, taking in every detail he was saying. A concerned mother at her best.

When Jimin finished telling her everything he could recount, she nodded.

"So you plan to take down Kintun Lee. Do you have a lawyer?" Carmine asked.

"No, we are trying to find evidence against him first" Jimin responded.

"I already have everything you should need" Carmine responded.

"What do you mean Mama?" Jimin looked at her confused. His blueberry scent reflecting this as well. It was strange smelling his own scent after years of never smelling it. It had almost become foreign to the Omega.

"I'm good at research" Carmine responded and offered nothing more.

"The moment you told your mother the name of the man, she began to research. She has everything you could possibly need to get him to serve time." Jemian provided.

"How?" Jimin looked to his mother in awe.

"Well I suppose I can tell you" Carmine smoothed out her black velvet dress. Her dark green wings fluttering behind her as she got herself more comfortable in the chair.

"I told you how I studied business at University to be able to know best how to open a bakery with your father" Carmine began.

"And she does a fine job, doesn't she" Jemian looked to his Alpha and wife a look of pure adoration on his face, it was evident in his eyes as well. He only had eyes for her.

Carmine's cheeks stained a light pink, but she continued. Keeping up her unfazed appearance.

"I studied law before that. Your father and I met late in life compared to most couples, we were in our late 20s. So I had already been a lawyer for 3 years give or take. But I fell so hard for your father and the desire to make him happy took over. So I went back to University graduated with a business degree and haven't looked back since." Carmine told him, a smile lighting up her face as she told him of her love for her Omega and husband.

"You gave it all up?" Jimin looked amazed.

"People do strange things for those that they love. Plus I couldn't be bothered to deal with the idiots in court any longer. There is only so much you can take of them pratteling on, like they run the world or something ridiculous like that." Carmine said with an exasperated tone of voice.

Jemian had moved onto scenting his son. Their fruity scents merging together. Jimin vaguely heard his father purring, content behind him. He responded with his own happy purr, Jemian and Carmine looked delighted at this.

"But you can't represent me in court can you. Being a family member and all" Jimin pointed out.

"Yes, I know. That's why I asked if you had a lawyer yet or not" Carmine responded.

"Oh we don't" Jimin replied promptly.

"Good, I was going to get you to fire them if you did. I called in a favour with a few of my friends from when I used to be a lawyer. They would be happy to take on your case. Plus they will know how to use my evidence well, I can guarantee you that" Carmine told him.

"Thank you Mama" Jimin told her honestly.

"Of course. Anything for my fledglings. I love you, you know that right?" Carmine told him, standing up so she could lean over, not touching his nest and press a kiss to his forehead.

Jimin preened at the affectionate gesture. His mother wasn't necessarily the most affectionate person, so having these small moments made them feel all that more special.

"I know. I love you too, both of you" he turned to look at his father after he directed the first part at his mother.

"Let's take down Kintun Lee then" Carmine smiled.

~*~

Carmine and Jemian are back!

Did you like it?

I hope you did.

Out of curiosity which chapter is your favourite from the book. For me it is either 'Starlight date for 7' (chapter 14) or 'How to get away with blanket theft' (chapter 56).

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter