35

(Chapter 35)We're sorry Jiminie

(Chapter 35)
We're sorry Jiminie

~*~
Author POV

Jimin was shattered. Taking care of 6 stubborn Alpha who all had variations of the same illness was draining.

He blinked bleary eyes at his phone screen. 4 am. Great, he had to be up at 7 am to get to Bighit for 8am for dance training. But no matter how much he tossed and turned he couldn't sleep. The pounding in his head was getting worse.

But then all of a sudden he was being lifted out of his warm bed. He scowled and squirmed. His made out the person to be Taehyung, his chocolate and marshmallows scent giving him away.

He brushed out his wings, as Taehyung deposited him onto his own bed in the middle of the room. Climbing into bed after him. He slotted a wing under Jimin's body, curling it around the Beta, effectively cocooning him in ash wings and surrounding his senses with  chocolate and marshmallows.

"Sleep" Taehyung muttered, hot breath brushing Jimin's ear. Flushing his cheeks pink, thankfully unnoticed in the pitch black bedroom.

He dropped his head into the crook of Taehyung neck, nuzzling his face into the scent gland at the base of his neck, in the juncture of his shoulder. The place where one day a lucky Omega or Beta would place their mating mark.

A mating mark was a primal way of claiming. Most omega wore collars, it was unrequired for Beta's to do so. They tended to wear necklaces. It was rare to see a mating bite. Alpha's almost never took mating bites, it was some what damaging to their pride.

So for mating symbols Alpha's wear bracelets, Beta's wear necklaces and Omega's wear collars. A couple may also indulge in marriage, donning rings to express their love.

So it became the norm for the final gift in the mating to craft the bracelet, necklace or collar for your lover. However, the desire to primarily bond was once again becoming more common. To the elder generation it was seen as a step back into the barbaric ways. But more and more couples desire to share the deep connection a mating bite provides. A link that can only be broken through the loss of one of the lovers.

Jimin knew his parents had taken the mating bite, but despite this it was still required that the Omega wear the collar. Because for some reason it was the law, Jimin's couldn't fathom it. He knew that the collar in the old ages was used by an Omega to symbolise that the Omega desired no mate and it was a defensive mechanism that blocked an Alpha or Beta's access to the mating gland.

But now it held no use but to display their secondary gender. And mark them out as the lowest of the low in society. A bunch of Alpha ruled the government, old Alpha who were too old and stuck in their ways. Glorifying the times of their youth in a twisted fantasy.