97

(Chapter 97)The tiger and the elephant

(Chapter 97)
The tiger and the elephant

~*~
Author POV

Jimin had been getting stronger, and was now able to walk for longer. It felt good to be able to move about rather than being bed bound. His wings had grown in downy feathers as well, much like a babies feathers. They were soft and fluffy, unlike the usual smooth feathers you found on adults.

But it was progress and Jimin was trying to accept as much of it as possible. He slipped off the bed, walking to his window, he discovered he had a good view. It overlooked the grass on the outside the facility, they had flower beds on the grass, lining the pavement to the entrance, bringing colour to the monotone green world.

He scrunched his eyes up when he saw someone he recognised walking along the path. They were walking quickly, and soon Jimin was recognising the ash grey wings of Taehyung. He grinned seeing his soulmate. Already anticipating scenting the Alpha's hot chocolate and marshmallow scent.

He dug around in the corner finding the soft toy tiger Taehyung had won for him on their first date at the arcade. He lay back on the bed finally able to rest on his wings without causing immediate pain. He couldn't do it for long, still having to lie on his front to sleep.

Soon there was a knock on the door. Jimin excitably got to his feet rushing across the room as fast as he was currently able with his legs still on the mend. He all but launched himself into Taehyung's arms, Taehyung let out a laugh that was filled with pure happiness.

He shuffled Jimin backwards so that he could close the door behind him. Giving them privacy from the rest of the world.

"It's good to see you TaeTae" Jimin grinned at his soulmate.

"I got the whole day just for us" Taehyung smiled back.

"And by the looks of it you have a plan" Jimin stated as he shuffled backwards so he was sitting with his legs dangling off the bed.

"I do" Taehyung said. "Prepare to be amazed" he said in a theatrical gesture.

Jimin laughed, watching as Taehyung opened his backpack that was evidently full to the brim as the shape had be distorted. He tried to tilt his head to the side to see what was in the bag as Taehyung opened it.

Taehyung first pulled out his laptop.

"We can have a film day" he declared happily. " I downloaded some of your favourites"

"I hope you have some snacks to go along with them?" Jimin knew that the Alpha would, they always had snacks when they had film days.

"Of course I do. What do you take me for?" Taehyung said with mock offense. Dramatically pressing his hand to his chest as if deeply offended.

He began to throw the bags of snacks towards Jimin. Making him laugh as he tried to catch the onslaught of colourful packaging. Till eventually he was sat surrounded by a large variety of sweet and savory snacks. He had already grabbed a packet of honey butter crisps, it was held tightly in his grip.

Jimin looked pointedly at Taehyung's muddy shoes and immediately the Alpha was removing them so that he could climb into the nest alongside the Omega. Maneuvering his large ash grey wings so that he was lying down beside the Omega, one wing tucked into his side and the other underneath Jimin's back.

"So what films do you have?" Jimin asked as he rests his head against Taehyung's chest.

"Mulan" Jimin's face visibly lit up when he hear Taehyung's answer.

Taehyung maneuvered them again so they were sitting up against the headboard. Opening the laptop and setting it up so they could play the film. He wrapped one ash wing around Jimin the feather tips resting on Jimin's thigh. Jimin pulled his wings in and snuggled against the Alpha's chest, getting himself comfy.

They began the film and soon there were open packets of sweet and savory snacks littering the bed. Jimin was slightly worried about all the crumbs there would be to tidy up later but was having to much fun to be entirely concerned.

They both giggled like children throughout out the duration of the film. Taehyung held Jimin close throughout the entire film, occasionally brushing his hand through the elder's hair, watching him let out little purrs every now and again. Feeling utterly content, absolutely brimming with happiness.

~*~

Once the film credits began to roll, Taehyung stopped the film and turned to Jimin. His heart speeding its beating up in his chest, as the nerves of why he was truly there caught up with him.

"Chim can I ask something?" Taehyung began, making his tone casual to try and cover up his nervous demeanor.

"Of course you can. We promised no secrets from now on didn't we. You can talk to be about anything, you know that right?" Jimin leant up from his perch on the Alpha's chest.

"Yeah" Taehyung smiled a small wobbly smile.

He gently eased Jimin off his chest so that he could grab the backpack he had left at the foot of the bed. Pulling out the small plain box he shuffled back up the bed, carefully as not to knock his wings into the bedside cabinets.

"Here" he handed the box over and Jimin took it.

"Thank you" Taehyung waited nervously as Jimin opened the latch and lifted the lid.

"Jimin you're my soulmate and I love you. Will you do me the honor of being my mate?" Taehyung asked, playing with his hands in his lap to occupy his nerves.

Jimin grinned and pulled the collar from the box. It was pastel in colour, blue and orange weaved in a manner that made it look like it had been plaited. There was grey stitches running along the top and bottom of the collar. Into the side of the collar there was a small blue elephant and a tiger. One to represent the first gift Jimin gave him and the other to represent the first proper date they had been on.

"It's perfect, yes of course I will be your mate." Jimin reached over to pull the stunned Alpha into a hug.

Taehyung went willingly and all but melted into the Omega's arms. And into his hair he whispered:

'Thank you'.

~*~

How do you think Jungkook will propose his offer of being Jimin's mate?

But after the next chapter that will be all the mateship offers done. And we can finally get onto the plot again.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter