96

(Chapter 96)I wear my heart around my throat

(Chapter 96)
I wear my heart around my throat

~*~
Author POV

Today was the day he was officially allowed to start to learn to walk again. Having lain bed for over 2 weeks with severe burns on his legs had left them weaker and less stable.

His wings had been placed within the secure jacket again. In case the movement of walking hurt them again.

"Hi can I come in?" Jimin looked up when he heard the voice and the knocking on the door.

"Yeah" he responded as he shuffled across the bed and waited beside the wheelchair to see which of his Alphas had come to see him today.

He was pleasantly surprised when he saw Namjoon. The elder was dressed in a large trench coat that came down to mid calf. All Jimin's inner Omega could do was imagine adding the coat to the nest he had made on the hospital bed.

"Hi" Jimin greeted the nervous Alpha. Jimin could tell he was nervous as Namjoon often shifted about a lot when he was. His wings wouldn't stop flittering as well, completely betraying the Alpha's inner emotions.

"Hi" his voice sounded choked as he responded.

"Can you help me into the wheelchair. I am supposed to be going to the training rooms to learn to walk again." Jimin asked.

Namjoon nodded rounding the bed, he picked Jimin up with shaky hands and helped sit him into the wheelchair comfortably.

"Can I come with you, to the training rooms that is?" Namjoon inquired.

"Sure, be prepared to see me fall on my face a lot though" Jimin said cheerfully. He was in truth excited to start to learn to walk again. Because to him it felt like improvement.

Walking was another step closer to him being released from the facility and back to his home with his Alphas. But it was also a step closer to his trial date. Where his future would be decided. While he had the support of his friends, family and Alphas he was still worried that even with their best efforts it wouldn't be enough and he would be condemned to an Omega prison for a long sentence. He knew it wouldn't be imprisonment for life, but it would be enough time to ruin any of his youthful days. From a rough estimate of the internet and the worst was to happen he would be condemned to the Omega prison for 25 years at maximum.

"What are you thinking about?" Namjoon asked as he lifted Jimin off the bed and into the wheelchair as the Omega had requested. Taking care not to jostle his wings about too much.

Jimin blinked as he resurfaced back to reality.

"Nothing" he responded.

Namjoon made a noise that implied that he didn't believe him, but made no effort to discover the truth. Instead beginning to push the wheelchair for him.