91

(Chapter 91)The scent of home

(Chapter 91)
The scent of home

~*~
Author POV

The Alphas were freaking out to say the least. They were trying to cook a meal. One they could transport to the hospital for Jimin. To complete the fourth courting act.

Jin was about to tear his hair out due to pure frustration. The Alphas had come to the conclusion since they were all courting Jimin and were eventually going to join together as an official flock with Jimin as their Omega. That they should all prepare the meal together, Namjoon and Taehyung looked hopeful and if not alittle relieved when the suggestion was made.

"No Tae, we can't just feed him honey butter crisps" Jin said for the 4th time.

"But he likes them" Taehyung protested.

"So do you, you would probably end up eating the entire bag while he was distracted with something else" Jin stated.

Taehyung said nothing, only looked down to the floor, a guilty look forming due to his hyung's statement, because he couldn't deny there was truth in it.

"How about we make him a meal to eat there and a gift basket of snacks he can have when we aren't there." Yoongi finally suggested, sick of the arguments over everything.

"Finally a good idea, thank you Yoongi" Jin sighed in relief.

The idea made everyone nod with approval, everyone getting to do what they wanted. Jungkook and Taehyung took off the the shops, Jin sent Namjoon with them purely because he didn't trust Namjoon in the kitchen, but he hid it under the presence of wanting their Flock Alpha to make sure Taehyung and Jungkook didn't go over the top with the snack buying.

Namjoon shook out his Mediterranean blue wings and followed the youngest excitable Alphas out of the apartment.

"We should make some cold food. That way we won't need to find somewhere to heat it up later. Plus the kitchen is kind of out of order" Yoongi pointed to the kitchen that had been subjected to being on fire just less than a week ago.

"Good idea" Jin nodded.

He was glad he had the most level headed Alphas here with him. That knew how to cook. Both Yoongi and Hoseok helped him planned out what they wanted to make Jimin. Jin trying to remember as many of the foods that Jimin had told him he liked over the year and a bit that they had lived together.

Jimin naturally had an affinity to blueberries, it was his scent after all. The scent of a person was represented by something the person loved. The scent of a person was influenced throughout their childhood. Scents that they liked or made them feel safe and triggered happy memories. Their mind would take these memories and replicate it until it appears as the person's scent when they come of age and present with their sub gender.

For example Yoongi liked when he went camping as a child (it was often when he snuck out of the house and camped by himself, wanting to be away from his father) and he often wore leather jackets through a faze of wanting to rebel against his father. The scent of campfire smoke and leather he had associated with freedom became his permanent scent.

Jin loved night jasmine. It was the flowers his nanny often used to decorate the house. He loved the smell of it and it brought him a sense of safety and as a result it had become his scent.

Hoseok usually hated spicy foods. But one time when he was baking in the kitchen with his mothers. They made cinnamon and spice biscuits, upon trying them he fell in love with the flavour. And to this day they remain his favourite biscuits and therefore his scent became cinnamon and mixed spice.

Namjoon remembers his fathers taking him the beach, it became his favourite thing. The days when both his fathers could be off work and take him down to see the sea. He would spend all day trying to build sandcastles and catch crabs in the rock pools. The happiness of these memories and the scent of the sea became Namjoon's scent and he was glad his wings reflected this as well.

Taehyung's scent was no surprise, he loved hot chocolate. It reminded him of days on the farm when he would work till his body felt numb and cold. Only to come home and his mother would pass him a mug of hot chocolate, topped with marshmallows and whipped cream if he was lucky. He would curl up by the fire, a blanket wrapped around his legs and drink the hot drink. It naturally became his scent when his day of presentation came.

Jungkook's scent of cookie dough came from when he would come home from school. He would buy cookie dough to share with his mother. His mother was always tired, not having the best of life before she joined with the Jeon family. But the cookie dough held precious memories to her and Jungkook indulged this wanting to make his mother smile. And when he had presented and his scent was cookie dough his mother had held him and cried. Jungkook was glad he could be a source of comfort to his mother, his scent a continuous reminder of that.

The Alphas wondered what made Jimin's scent become blueberries. They knew the Omega loved to eat them but what memory or experience had caused his scent to become the sweet, yet slightly tart smell of blueberries.

Jin decided to make some blueberry muffins, a memory of the Omega bringing him one when he had been upset and afraid that he had scared him came across his mind. How Jimin had smiled and told him that the fact that he had been crying had showed he cared. Handing him the muffin and smiling at him, Jin fond of tbe memory got to work making the batter.

"You do realise we have no oven to put that in right?" Yoongi asked.

~*~

So I think this might be one of the first chapters that has not included Jimin. But instead we got a small insider into the scents of the Alpha and why they are what they are.

Question: What do you think your scent would be. It is usually to do with a positive memory or something that makes you feel safe.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter